Diecast Models Anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was wondering if anyone collected diecast metal models ?
Here are a few of my 1/18 scale models.
Shelby Collectibles Ford GT40 mk 2.
Quartzo Lotus 49b
Kyosho Triumph TR3A.
Some of you may recognise the Ford GT40 from the film Le Mans 66. The model is very good apart from the glaring error that the steering wheel is on the wrong side .

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That Lotus 49B is the best looking F1 car of all time, a classic. Tamiya do a plastic construction kit (1/12 scale, I think) which I will get round to buying one day.

I may have a few... :whistle:

A lot of F1 and Group C models bought secondhand back in the days when I was a broke schoolgirl. Plus I have some more poncy boxed ones bought since that include Toleman TG183, Lancia Delta S4 and the Monte-winning Mini Cooper.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Er, around 240 Models of Yesteryear.:wacko:From the early 60s to late 90s. Some inherited from my Dad, others I have bought.
Some odds and ends like Lledo cars.
Some of classic American cars.
But apart from that.....:laugh:

I'll try and post some pics later.

Er, around 240 Models of Yesteryear.

I have a fair few of those, mostly acquired as Xmas and birthday prezzies from well-meaning family members and friends of my parents when they finally figured out that it was cars I liked, and *not* dolls, toiletries and various pinkness.

Unfortunately, what they didn't "get" was that there are cars and there are cars, and to be honest, they're really not my cup of tea. At least they didn't make me itch and scratch like a baboon like the cheap toiletries do... :laugh:

Bazzer

I have a fair few of those, mostly acquired as Xmas and birthday prezzies from well-meaning family members and friends of my parents when they finally figured out that it was cars I liked, and *not* dolls, toiletries and various pinkness.

Unfortunately, what they didn't "get" was that there are cars and there are cars, and to be honest, they're really not my cup of tea. At least they didn't make me itch and scratch like a baboon like the cheap toiletries do... :laugh:
I think I know what you mean. I added to my Dad's collection because I had an opportunity to buy a job lot of cars he didn't have. (I might have a different opinion if I owned a full size one:laugh:).
My favourite among them isn't actually a die cast, but a Mamod steam powered "vintage" car. But that is because of the memories associated with the smell of meths and steam when my Dad and I ran it a couple of times.

Bazzer

Here you go.

Around a dozen of these, (50s and 60s American muscle and barges complete with boxes).
dumjKWZ.jpg

Several shelves of these: (with others and larger ones in the loft because I need to redecorate and reorganise our dining room)
uo6Wqri.jpg

Framed Models of Yesterday showing the separate components

Some Lledos, Corgis and Dinkys such as this Triumph Stag

OOpwiaI.jpg

Various odds and sods, like ashtrays with die cast models attached, gift packs of small whisky bottles with die cast models and multipacks of cars.

Nigel Mansell's FW14
eGlnAJf.jpg

Too many really
:blush::blush::blush::blush:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
This is the bulk of my 1/18ths collection, but I also have 4 x Mercedes CLK GTR in the different manufacturer liveries and a couple of McLaren F1 road cars. Then there's the 1/43rd McLaren F1s in Davidoff and Tuilles TBF liveries, F1 GTRs in Gulf/DayOff livery, Motorola Panoz GT1, the Crocodile Audi R8 and both Audi R8Cs - which should give you an idea of my motorsport preferences!

I have a Gulf McLaren sweet tin. And a Jaguar XJ220 sweet tin... And various other McLarens and Porsches. And a couple of NASCAR sweet tins. Not quite die casts, but they're good fun. :laugh:

Most of my motorsports die-casts are F1 and BTCC, with some older Group C stuff - Jaguar XJR-9s, assorted Porsche 956 / 962, plus a Rondeau, a Nissan and a Toyota.

I think I know what you mean. I added to my Dad's collection because I had an opportunity to buy a job lot of cars he didn't have. (I might have a different opinion if I owned a full size one:laugh:).
My favourite among them isn't actually a die cast, but a Mamod steam powered "vintage" car. But that is because of the memories associated with the smell of meths and steam when my Dad and I ran it a couple of times.

Ah, yeah, real ones are a completely different kettle of fish to model ones... ^_^

That steam car sounds like fun. :okay:

Top Bottom