Diesel Exhaust Fluid (Ad-Blue) - Taking the pee?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Never been in one. I'm not exactly sure exactly what it is about it I don't particularly like, but I can't think of too many redeeming features from the outside.
Not a car you buy with your eyes but with your heart, or so I'm told :laugh: Probably a good thing you don't look at it

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The NOx are the real dangerous stuff and that's where the VW cheating happened. Under testing, the car sensed that it was being tested and then didn't use the extra fuel to heat up the catalysis unit and just spewed up the unaltered NOx.
My understanding was that the VW Ad-blue tank isn't big enough to last between services, so VWs only use it part of the time, like after starting. Unless they detect they are being tested, that is, in which case they use it for the duration.

Drago

Legendary Member
Daughter #3 has bought a Juke. Apart from being crammed full of kit (she chose the top spec Acenta+ then dropped the interior and exterior packs on it, 22 big ones, silly girl) its merde.

Drago

Legendary Member
They can pee in the tank, add eoyls, and make the car brush its teeth each night before bed. None of it matters when drivers are still using them in the urban environment for short journeys on cold engines - when used in the typical manner they're still horrifically dirty.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Never been in one. I'm not exactly sure exactly what it is about it I don't particularly like, but I can't think of too many redeeming features from the outside.
The front end looks like a boat. I've nothing against boats, of course, but they look deeply incongruous on roads

Levo-Lon

Guru
They seem to appeal to women drivers these Dukes..
My 6 feet tall clothes model neighbour loves her Duke..

Maybe it's like the mini fascination..

Top Bottom