Difference - Fixed and Single Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustychisel

Chuffy said:
Fixed is posing, single speed is real. :biggrin:
As the old saying goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't Fix it'.:sad:

Another old saying I've heard which has some bearing here is "Don't knock it if you've never tried it." You know you want to.;)

rustychisel said:
Another old saying I've heard which has some bearing here is "Don't knock it if you've never tried it." You know you want to.;)
Nah. I tried a fixie folding shopper once though. Truth is I just don't fancy it and I'm happy on single speed thanks.

peejay78

re: single speed serves no purpose

it does, i'm sure, so apologies for the deliberately inflammatory comment. there are a team of scientists in the cern laboratory beavering away as I type to discern exactly what the purpose might be.

peejay78 said:
re: single speed serves no purpose
it does, i'm sure, so apologies for the deliberately inflammatory comment. there are a team of scientists in the cern laboratory beavering away as I type to discern exactly what the purpose might be.
No worries Peejay. As an on-road single-speeder I'm well aware that I'm an oppressed minority.;)
While they're at it, could you see if those chappies can nail down that elusive Fixie Zen particle...

cycle-punk

I took my freewheel off a short while ago and popped on a fixed cog, and the difference in riding is amazing! Just being able to control the speed/braking of the bike with muscle power alone is a great feeling. I used to think london cycle couriers were mad, now I've lost my marbles too!

Pottsy

cycle-punk said:
I took my freewheel off a short while ago and popped on a fixed cog, and the difference in riding is amazing! Just being able to control the speed/braking of the bike with muscle power alone is a great feeling. I used to think london cycle couriers were mad, now I've lost my marbles too!

Careful, bonj will be on in a moment to call you a luddite and your bike is a death trap.

I agree with you by the way and he's never tried fixed so ignore him.:smile:

Pottsy

Spot on peejay, chicks love fixed wheel cyclists.

peejay78

ss riders pull hideously ugly, obese 'real' women, with right smelly old beef curtains. these are the only women desperate enough to share a bed with a man with atrophied muscles on account of all that coasting.

Top Bottom