Dirty water in central heating system.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Please don't use checkatrade!!! It is a bigger scam than BG, no proper vetting. Mainly dodgy people pretending to be tradesmen/women who can't get work recommedations from previous customers.
Well no system is perfect but the principle of checkatrade seems good. It's one of several ways to identify local plumbers (or other trades), but ultimately I narrow down that choice by a combination of gut feeling and quotes.

What's your beef with checkatrade?

newts

Veteran
Well no system is perfect but the principle of checkatrade seems good. It's one of several ways to identify local plumbers (or other trades), but ultimately I narrow down that choice by a combination of gut feeling and quotes.

What's your beef with checkatrade?
The principal of these sites is a great idea, sadly most are just money grabbing barstewards. Part of my day job is inspecting problems with shower trays, valves & enclosures. Most issues we look at are due to poor installation.
Clients often mention these review sites as the source of their installer.

Hicky

Guru
Local plumber changed a boiler for me in my rental £1800 10 yr warranty. £100 a yr for service and landlord cert.....BG wanted me to condemn the house:laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
What is the update on the job.Did you find a local or go with BG,i would try to find a good local there must we one.

Top Bottom