Discount at Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Halfords are offering a series of discounts here which may be of interest to some. You won't be able to use them with C2W vouchers but they may be of use for kids bikes or kit?

I lifted one of these up in halfrauds on Sunday, just out of interest:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_500921_langId_-1_categoryId_165602

I'm pretty sure it was as heavy as my mountain bike - and that's no lightweight - and it was definitely heavier than the road bike!!! How on earth is a very small kid supposed to ride a tank like that???? :sad:

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
NNNNOOOoooooooooooooooo....

Don't buy a kids bike from Halfords.... It turns out that the bars had been fitted with the brake levers 180 degrees rotated and pointing down towards the BB. The boy couldn't reach them.

Would the folk on here not just give the bike a cursory check-over before letting their kid ride the bike......?

I think we've all heard the stories about Halfords, I'd prefer to buy in Decathalon but you have to bear in mind that the nearest store is in Yorkshire from where I live in Scotland so not always practical!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
...or if you do buy one, be prepared to spend every weekend adjusting the brakes and gears so they do what they're meant to...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
NNNNOOOoooooooooooooooo....

Don't buy a kids bike from Halfords. Well of course what I mean is that you're quite entitled to your own choice, but consider that there are far better alternatives. And then consider the tale I heard yesterday-

A colleague bought her 7-year-old a £90 kid's bike from Halfords. She told me after she'd done it, but knows that I could have pointed her in a better direction (Decathlon is better at that price).

She came into work yesterday and told us how they went to the park on Sunday. Son was riding his bike down a long hill and suddenly started screaming that he had no brakes. It turns out that the bars had been fitted with the brake levers 180 degrees rotated and pointing down towards the BB. The boy couldn't reach them. She managed to catch him and grab his coat to pull him off just in the nick of time.
where's fnaar when you need him?

thomas

the tank engine
Just ask for a 10% discount in Halfords/their bike shop and you'll get it...or at least you can in the Dorking branch if you ask for it and say you're a CTC member/student/tight.

Top Bottom