Disgusting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agree completely. Overtaking quickly and close is bad enough, but undertaking quickly and close... :thumbsdown::gun:

Hope they get/got bollocked for it. Nobbers

wisdom

Guru
Agree completely. Overtaking quickly and close is bad enough, but undertaking quickly and close... :thumbsdown::gun:

Hope they get/got bollocked for it. Nobbers
Total agree.All that will do is paint a bad picture of cyclists with horseriders.
There are a lot on the roads around where I live I all allways give them total respect and often ask if it's ok to pass.I have never had anything negative usually a thank you and cheery smile.We all use the road and 1 ton of spooked horse is a terrible thought.

TVC

What a total bunch of nobbers.If anyone I was riding with did anything remotely like that I would explain t them in Anglo Saxon terms what they did wrong.

My cycling group meet horse riders most weekends, including only a couple of hours ago. We sit up, slow down, go wide and say hello. Frightening a horse is one of the most stupid things you can do, not only do you endanger the rider, but they can bolt or kick out in your direction.

Apparently at least one of them actually made contact. I think that all concerned were extremely fortunate that the only injury was, from what I read, some bruising to the horse rider; if their horse had been even a fraction less calm-natured and well-schooled (and although I'm no expert I think from that video the owner's description of it as being a pretty 'bombproof' example of the equine species looks pretty accurate) then that could have been a pretty horrific incident with the potential to cause really serious harm to the horse, the rider and several of the cyclists.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
FFS, Just listen to the panic and terror in that woman's voice.
Ridiculous display of carelessness by those riders and I hope they are identified and reported to the police.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Not A 'ROAD' club at all, folks but seems to be a bunch of moronic brained triathletes who
a) cannot control a bicycle
b) in some organised but totally disorganised event (cannot even pin numbers on correctly)
c) now have given ammunition to the generation of car drivers who want cyclists off the roads.
cheers, you fat fckn muppets.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't normally subscribe to the "bad cyclists get us all a bad name" school of thought, but if this clip gets widely circulated then we can expect some close passes from car drivers who are giving us a revenge pass for the horse and rider.
I also don't normally subscribe to violence but these feckers deserve a good kicking - from an angry horse.
It actually worries me (but does not surprise me) that cyclists with this mentality actually exist.

If anyone here uses Facebook, please contact Jennifer Katherine, the horserider, and offer support in tracking down the organisers of the event. Much as I agree with @Vantage let's make sure that appropriate action is taken, and through the proper channels.

I think they know its the windsor tri. Rubbish passes on the right, unbelievable undertaking.