Disgusting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
If anyone here uses Facebook, please contact Jennifer Katherine, the horserider, and offer support in tracking down the organisers of the event. Much as I agree with @Vantage let's make sure that appropriate action is taken, and through the proper channels.

http://humanrace.co.uk/event/windsor-triathlon/

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5280472, member: 43827"]I hope the organisers of the event at least have the decency to contact the woman, apologise and pay for any costs incurred such as shoeing. And ban the two idiots who undertook from any future events.[/QUOTE]

The close passers also!

What a total bunch of nobbers.If anyone I was riding with did anything remotely like that I would explain t them in Anglo Saxon terms what they did wrong.

Me too.
DSCF2321.jpg

Serge

Über Member
I've just been watching her Facebook page and cyclists in general are getting a proper roasting. Talk of revenge close passes in cars, all cyclists are w****rs, etc, etc.

Thanks for that guys.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Ever thought you’re going too far? Jeez!

I think @jefmcg is giving them the humane option there.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've just been watching her Facebook page and cyclists in general are getting a proper roasting. Talk of revenge close passes in cars, all cyclists are w****rs, etc, etc.

Thanks for that guys.

Yes - quite a pasting. One lorry driver calls us all ***ts and boasts of driving as fast and as close as possible to cyclists esp' those that are two abreast.

I didn't know that this level of hatred towards us existed - pretty sobering really.

Ever thought you’re going too far? Jeez!
It was a joke. Doesn't "explain to them in an Anglo-Saxon way" sound like a euphemism for some sort of medieval extreme violence?

But when I listened to her screams of terror, I actually shed a brief tear - probably remembering my own screams of terror when I was knocked down by a car a couple of weeks ago. I think I can be forgiven for diverting that terror into anger, and then releasing that anger by imagining some cartoonish violence against the perpetrators.

Last edited:
Yes - quite a pasting. One lorry driver calls us all ***ts and boasts of driving as fast and as close as possible to cyclists esp' those that are two abreast.

I didn't know that this level of hatred towards us existed - pretty sobering really.
And they are coming in thick and fast. I clicked that link less than 5 minutes ago, and according to facebook there have been 80 new comments since then.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've seen that hatred before on facebook, whether those keybnoard warriors would be as brave in real life is another matter.