Dish Washer problems. Any advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Pull the plug out wait 20 seconds put the plug back in and try again :laugh:
Not sure about the emoji - that's spot on as a first move. Turn it off and turn it on again. It doesn't just work for computers. Or rather, almost everything electrical now contains a 'computer', so a hard reset is always the first option to go for.

figbat

Slippery scientist
My dishwasher made an unusual noise once. 10 minutes later...

1586007038059.png

I can’t help myself. I’m no engineer but when something goes wrong I’m into it. In your case I’d be researching sources of user manuals or other online information around the same problem. I’d be looking for reset options or troubleshooting methods. The one above turned out to be a small plastic spoon jammed in the pump impeller. Not long after the detergent dispenser failed, so I fitted a new one. The espares website is a good source of parts and often ‘how to’ videos on how to repair household items.

If it's a freestanding dishwasher (or semi-integrated like photo) bail out sump (use rubber gloves as it may have broken glass in it!!) put towels down and turn it on it's back - it will help with 50% of cases.
Most dishwashers have an anti flood float underneath in a tray, and even a gradual leak can lead to a saftey cut-out by imitating a flood, tipping it releases trapped water and buys some time, or, any obstruction to impeller might float free and allow a restart.
If water comes out in a gush you have a fair-ish leak (joint usually), but if it slumps off the tray slowly it's a slow leak and the tray is full of alien life that wears a fur coat...
Impeller often has a cap that can be lifted to get better access to its well, again rubber gloves in case of broken glass.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Dish washers often suffer from problems due to grease and fat building up in the pumps, sensors etc. If people use an ECO low temperature setting, the fat never has a proper chance to be liquified and washed away. It's worth trying a really hot wash if you can get one going for long enough.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not sure about the emoji - that's spot on as a first move. Turn it off and turn it on again. It doesn't just work for computers. Or rather, almost everything electrical now contains a 'computer', so a hard reset is always the first option to go for.
Right.
Cleaned it etc
Turned it off
Waited
Turned back on.
Same problem.
I am going to email the company. Maybe somebody is there and can point me in the right direction.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Can you wash up by hand, in the sink, until lockdown is over, then get it fixed?
I can’t offer DW advice as I have never owned one.

My mate ,domestic appliance engineer.
Got a call Xmas day, lady in a tiz ,DW not working.
He said sorry I'm not working today..Lady ,but I've got 20 for dinner!!!

Mate, well you've got plenty of washeruppers then:laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Thanks. After this cleaning cycle I will look for that though I have no idea where it is.

It probably goes into the sink waste, where the u bend is.
Or it will have a dedicated pipe to your outside gully drain ?

They can get blocked
Though I think your fault maybe in the start up checks.
It maybe a sensor or poor connection.

Clean everything you can and it either will or it won't.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Here's ours. It's never given the slightest trouble

Attachments

• DC7474E1-3B9A-418C-A0E7-947DF8F8CA95.jpeg
    DC7474E1-3B9A-418C-A0E7-947DF8F8CA95.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom