Dish Washer problems. Any advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its chosen a bad time to play up:sad:.
Ours has 4 buttons inside the door.
To the left are the on & off buttons
To the right is one to choose the temperature between rinse and 70° and the other is to 'go' ie you set it, press the 'go' button and close the door........away it goes.
What is now happening is......we set it, press go, close the door and it seems OK but after a short cycle it changes itself to rinse.
Tried it maybe 10 times....same result.
We are going to clean the filter etc but am not optimistic.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
It could be the filter. Ours did something similar. It knows if it does a full cycle, a flood might occur. It therefore truncates whatever you programmed.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Can you wash up by hand, in the sink, until lockdown is over, then get it fixed?
I can’t offer DW advice as I have never owned one.
Yes, no real problem there. I have already dug the old marigolds out.
Not the end of the world but if there is a simple fix I would be glad to hear it.

Venod

Eh up
Also check the drain pipe is clear and allowing a full flow of water, that should not effect it during a wash cycle but it has caused both our washer and dishwasher to behave strangely, its surprising the the stuff that builds up inside the drain pipes.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ours was obvious. The little tank before the filter was full of dirty water.
Right......cleaned the filter though tbh it wasn't clogged.
Found the 'tank' ( didn't) know that was there. Water looked clean. There seems to be a screw type plug at the bottom but that doesn't want to unscrew and I am scared of forcing and breaking it.
Put it on for a clean and that cycle seems to be working.
Here's hoping.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Also check the drain pipe is clear and allowing a full flow of water, that should not effect it during a wash cycle but it has caused both our washer and dishwasher to behave strangely, its surprising the the stuff that builds up inside the drain pipes.
Thanks. After this cleaning cycle I will look for that though I have no idea where it is.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Might it be better to state the name and model of the dishwasher?
I don't know how many dishwashers have four buttons inside the door, but it may be the same make has buttons outside the door and someone on here fixed a similar issue with that model. :smile:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Might it be better to state the name and model of the dishwasher?
I don't know how many dishwashers have four buttons inside the door, but it may be the same make has buttons outside the door and someone on here fixed a similar issue with that model. :smile:
Its a Prima.......it came as part of the fitted kichen. TBF its 10 years old, has had regular use, so owes us nothing but I'm sure someone who knows these things could fix it.
Problem being lock down prevents that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom