Disney's snow white comes under fire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have a polite expression in this family for a certain acronym.

Four Foot Snake!

Why can’t these blooming people find something more important to do. I don’t mean to trivialise the issue to which they refer but where will it stop? Are we going to remove or re-write all of the fairy tales to make them acceptable.

We‘ll end up with “Once upon a time there were some people. They did some stuff and/or had some adventures (without taking any unnecessary risks) and then they all lived happily ever after”

That’s all you’d be left with 🤬

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Crivens! Really? People need to get a grip.

I don’t hanker for the ‘good old days’ when I was a kid, but fairy stories are fairy stories, happy endings and all that jazz. It’s not history. 7 dwarves don’t work down emerald mines, garden birds don’t do the housework etc. Can people not let kids stories be or do we need to discuss exploitation of height challenged miners, animal slavery in the household and heaven only knows what.

I take it that there are going to be warnings about kissing frogs at the start of films now?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s a total non story.
It takes away from the fact that everyone in real life should know it’s wrong to kiss someone you don’t know when they are asleep.
I don’t think we need to debate that.
But we get all angry because someone says we can’t watch Snow White anymore.

I'm really worried about all that frog molesting.

Just come across this, apparently it was on gmtv yesterday

Critics argue that the 'true love's kiss' scene featured in the ride undermines lessons about constent because Prince Charming kisses the princess while she's asleep.

sorry about the link, but here it is

... dodgy rag link ..

cmon its not real, its a bloody fairy story ,

You shouldn't eat fruit either. At least that was the message I took from it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Crivens! Really? People need to get a grip.

I don’t hanker for the ‘good old days’ when I was a kid, but fairy stories are fairy stories, happy endings and all that jazz. It’s not history. 7 dwarves don’t work down emerald mines, garden birds don’t do the housework etc. Can people not let kids stories be or do we need to discuss exploitation of height challenged miners, animal slavery in the household and heaven only knows what.

I take it that there are going to be warnings about kissing frogs at the start of films now?

As a child, the first "real" book (ie, one without pictures) I remember reading was called "Coral Island". It was an adventure story about three young sailors, who were shipwrecked on a Coral Island (hence the title). Many, many years later, when my first grandson was approaching the age to read "real" books, I decided I would try and buy him a copy. I did actually manage to find a copy, but, all of the potentially un-PC bits had been taken out (there was mention of canibals, and, there was a "man-Friday" type character similar to Robinson Crusoe, all of which had been removed). The story was completely spoiled, so, I binned it and bought him something else, recommended by my son.

Top Bottom