Divorce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Broughtonblue
Hmmm be careful. I remember that I didn't eat for about a week and the had a night drinking, made myself quite unwell and ended up having to take a few days off work.
Try again with some soup or something.
Had three days off work last week as I broke down in front of everyone, not looking forward to going back Monday, would take more time off but the redundancy process they are going through is a skills matrix, including time off!
Dammed if i do, dammed if I dont!

snorri

Legendary Member
I know it's wrong but I've only had two bowls of soup since Monday, feel sick all the time
I've resisted alcohol upto now but tonight is gonna be hard,t
If you have none in the house, buy a jar of honey and take a spoonful now and again, easily digested and can help with energy levels when you can't get normal food down.
I hope this helps a little:smile:.

simon.r

Person
I went through a very similar situation a few years ago.

I don't know how you feel, because no two people will feel the same, but the constant crying and not eating sound horribly familiar. It's a massive cliche, but it's true, that time is a healer. I have little doubt that you'll go through all the emotions under the sun in the next few days/weeks/months, but it really does get better.

Hold on in there, take each day as it comes and don't make any rash decisions at the moment.

Best wishes.

RWright

Guru
Talk to a lawyer or barrister or solicitor or whatever they call them there. Especially if there are kids involved that may require child support payments.

andyfraser

Über Member
It doesn't just rain, it always pours! I've been were you are (basically lost everything at the start of 2009). It does get easier. We do bounce back.

Don't resort to alcohol. That really doesn't help. I know, I've been there.

colly

Re member eR
Sorry BB that's really hard on you.
I've never been in that situation but know others who have and although it's trite to say things will get better, generally speaking they do. Right now I expect you are still reeling from the shock and emotions are raw. On top of everything else I'm sure you feel like the world is against you.
A good friend of mine went out babysitting one Saturday night and arrived home to find her husband had left. A really class example of humanity, he left a note for her to find on the kitchen table to let her know he would not be coming back.
It's been a few years now but she has blossomed and is happy and settled and realises she would never have been as happy had he not left.

I hope it works out for you.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Sorry for your pain, hope things improve. We have been married 30 years in June and stories like yours make me realise how much I take things for granted. Don't know if it will help you, but I have had a pretty shite time over the last 5 years or so due to various things and I turned to mindfulness, which helps me get some peace and relaxation. Cycling and walking can also help, and you can also get a bit of mindfulness in at the same time.

Try to be strong,it might not seem like it at the moment, but things will almost certainly get better with time.

Take care.

Sandra6

Veteran
Im sorry to hear this. Its early days and you sound to be a bit in shock, understandably.
Keep busy if you can, maybe go to a friends or family, rather than sitting in alone.
Any ccers near by who could pop round to lend a friendly shoulder??

Lisat

I went through a separation from my ex after knowing him for 24 years and being together as a couple for eighteen, there were also some other difficult things going on at the same time. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep and cried a lot.
It didn't stay that way though. There was a whole process to go through and my experience was that it got easier as time went on.

Try and talk to a friend tonight and as a previous reply said your GP may be able to offer counselling.

Top Bottom