Divorce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Very sorry to hear :hugs:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Sorry about your predicament.

Your question is almost impossible to answer as different folk respond to stressful situations differently. Generally folk do recover but it would be wrong of me to suggest a timescale.

it might be worth having a chat to your GP who might be able to get you some counselling which could help the healing process.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that.

In the last 2 years 2 ladies that are close to us have been crapped on by their men.
One happened 2 years ago. She went through quite bad depression etc, it was a real struggle. She is now out the other side and is a stronger, better person for it.
The other is 8 months in and is like a rabbit in the headlights. We can't help her as she can't help herself at present. We just do the "being there" bit.

In both cases there is/has been a stage that's almost like bereavement.

If you can, get out on a bike in the fresh air, don't lock yourself away.

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
Really struggling at the minute, I lost my grandad two years ago who was everything to me, had to put my 15 year old lab to sleep 6 months ago, on my birthday in January work called everyone in to say there were going to be 20% redundancies in our factory, and now this bombshell. It was going to be a struggle paying the mortgage on my mrs wages if I am made redundant, no way can I afford it on my own whether in work or not.
So in two years I've lost my
Grandad
Dog
Wife
Job and possibly the house.
Two kids living here as well, I can't even provide a roof over their head in all likelihood,
I know it sounds silly from a 48 year old bloke but I can't stop crying, she is everything to me. I feel so low its unbelievable

Sara_H

Guru
Sorry to hear this. Been there, done that and bought the t shirt.

Without a doubt I can say the pain definitely gets easier, I've gone from desolated heartbreak to actually being really pleased he left me as I'm so much happier than I was when I was married

My separation was very difficult, my ex kept coming back and then leaving again. I eventually set a date beyond which I wasn't prepared to entertain him any longer and then I started divorce proceedings. Writing the particulars for the divorce was quite therapeutic.

I think without a doubt, all my friends who are divorced are stronger and happier in the long run. Except my ex husband of course who I'm sure must cry into his beer every night that he was stupid enough to lose me!

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
I know it's wrong but I've only had two bowls of soup since Monday, feel sick all the time
I've resisted alcohol upto now but tonight is gonna be hard, I know she is going clubbing, and both kids out for the night, really not looking forward to it

Sara_H

Guru
I know it's wrong but I've only had two bowls of soup since Monday, feel sick all the time
I've resisted alcohol upto now but tonight is gonna be hard, I know she is going clubbing, and both kids out for the night, really not looking forward to it
Hmmm be careful. I remember that I didn't eat for about a week and the had a night drinking, made myself quite unwell and ended up having to take a few days off work.
Try again with some soup or something.

Top Bottom