Do bikes give off a certain vibe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I ride a bianchi as my road bike spesialized as my mtb and claud butler commuter, feel good on all of them, might not be fittest rider on here but who gives a s**t, i enjoy cycling.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Glad i do not have any preferance about bikes, as others have said as long as it works then the rest is asthetics.Some bikes do look more pleasing to the eye but its down to the engine turning the pedals.
As Mercxx said " Don`t buy upgrades...Ride up grades ".

I find all this hoo-ha about brands quite tiresome...

I ride a bespoke Italian roadbike, so I'm above all that brand-based snobbery.

Furthermore, I can't bear people who generalise and who categorise riders according to their bike.

That sort of behaviour is absolutely typical of the sort of loser who rides a Trek or a Cube. They're all the same, that lot.

No better than those ghastly types who pose around on Colnago and Pinarello if you ask me...

Globalti

Legendary Member
The first time I heard the name Specialized I thought it was an excellent name for a bike; still do, which is why I have two Specialized bike, probably...

Where do GT bikes fit into the hierarchy? I have 3 of them and they are mid-top end of the ranges.

Well... Where indeed? Need one add that by asking such a question you have answered it most eloquently.

GT bikes? GT bikes? One doesn't like to draw on tired stereotypes, but these really are the very nadir of bicycling excellence.

In that way, we find them well suited to their owners; but as I've already said, I don't like to generalise.

Night Train

Maker of Things
My bike has a bit of a vibe, especially when I ride it over cobbles!:giggle:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I find it interesting that cycling is so brand intense, with people paying crazy money for certain names on their kit and reports of people being treated poorly/differently at clubs based on their bike being common. Yet outside of cycling itself theres almost no knowledge of the branding or advertising. When i first decided to replace my knackered old bike with a hybrid for fitness cycling, all the brands were unknown to me, so picking a brand was down to largely irrelevant pros and cons.

I went with a Giant over a Spec/Trek in the end based on price, but it could have just as easily gone the other way. My next bike will probably be a CX or road bike, as long as it has drops decent ratios and can manage trails well, brand will be picked on equipment/price.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I was reading another thread in another forum and it was more bragging about how much they had spent on a bike and more about looks than anything else. I came to the conclusion that the majority probably never went out on their bike for fear of it getting dirty,scratched and/or blowing out there erse at the first hill ^_^.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Well...... these really are the very nadir of bicycling excellence.

I had to look up that word :scratch: and I'm still not sure I know quite what you mean but I will assume it is complimentary :thumbsup:

nadir [ˈneɪdɪə ˈnæ-]
n
1. (Astronomy) the point on the celestial sphere directly below an observer and diametrically opposite the zenith
2. the lowest or deepest point; depths the nadir of despair
[from Old French, from Arabic nazīr as-samt, literally: opposite the zenith]

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Electric bikes..............

Picture of some doddery old geezer going down the local shop with a basket on the front to get his milk and papers.

I have one. I also have a Trek Road bike and ICE trike, a Kickbike and a Bacchetta Giro 26.

The electric bike is great for when you just want to take it easy as you bomb over the farm tracks and forest roads, without making every ride a training session. It has taken hell of a battering over the last year but is still going strong.

P1050873.jpg

P1050882.jpg

Steve

Top Bottom