Do bikes give off a certain vibe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was reading this post on the other well known forum and thought it might raise an eyebrow or two here .
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12848677&start=100
So.....
When you see someone on a bike what do you think of them based purely on what they ride?
not my thoughts but some examples from the thread..

Specialized bikes: Fun exciting
Giant Bikes: Bit boring
Trek Bikes: solid and sturdy
Surly Bikes: kinda like a beach shack; hippieville
Boardman :C2W
Pinnarello:mamil with cash

Gary E

Veteran
Sounds like a sounding board for idiots to slag off certain makes of bike based on the mere fact that they don't own one :laugh:

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Not just different makes either -
I don't own a carbon so it must be rubbish/water soluble/ over-priced.
I don't own a flat bar so they must be for grandads.
I don't own a life so I'll criticise others. :laugh:

The thing that worries me about this whole thing is (for example) people coerced into buying £1000s worth of kit that doesn't suit them based on what basically amounts to playground politics.

HovR

Über Member
Quote from the BikeRadar thread:

A Trek or Specialized costing less than £1.5K, for example, I assume that the rider doesn't really know what he wants and has been flogged something he recognises the name of by a national chain. Anything above £1.5K tells me that he had better be impressively fast or he has more money than sense.

Looks like if you're not impressively fast, you can't win!

redcard

Veteran
I've always thought Specialized to be quite a bizarre name for a brand. Giant are way too generic, and Cannondale is almost a tier above both.

My second bike will probably be a Cannondale.

ironman

Regular
I'm a GIANT man and am definetely a boring superhero!!!:thumbsup:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Pinarello owner. This just sounds a bit dumb really. Who cares what bike you own as long as your out on it doing the miles. People who slag off brands are just trolls looking for a reaction. Don't feed the trolls!

TVC

My road bikes are a Ribble and an Orbea. I decided I didn't want one of the mass brands just because I like to be a little different. I suppose I can be a bit of a snob (I'll say it before someone else does).

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Who really give's a damn what people ride as long as they enjoy it, and it brings a smile to their face. I do however think some people act differently respective to what bike you are riding, I get treated so differently when riding the venge or dogma.

The quality of service I get from the company matters more to me than anything.

Top Bottom