Do bin men deserve a pension ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S Line 1-0 to me, bin not emptied by Bonehead binman 1-1, I drag bin to next street and get it emptied 2-1 to me, bin man thinks he's not emptied my bin so he can eat his full fry-up and have a fag with a smug labour-type got one over "rich" tw@t grin 2-2, I've wasted ages moaning about it on here 3-2 to the bin man, turns out majority of the pushbike fraternity on here have a similar outlook to the bin man 4-2 to the bin man, the bin man wont get a tip off me again 4-3 to the bin man. I'm kind and I've got nice things, the bin man is mean and he's ugly and he's a bin man - I don't believe this is a coincidence 4-4.

I get a score draw.

TVC

Yep, she certainly is just trying to wind people up.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
[QUOTE 1660096, member: 45"]Binman makes you have to drag your bin right around the corner. Game, set and match to him. If he was bothered enough to notice he'd be chortling over his Americano.[/quote]
Americano ?!! He's a bin man in Salford, not a gay cyclist in Brighton. Tea with 4 sugars no doubt.

Reactions: col
OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Despite the meanness of bitter bin men and the animosity towards people who choose to buy large well made German vehicles, I'm determined to continue to help blind ladies across the road and be kind and generous to everyone I meet. Thankyou

(with the exception of Subaru Imprezza drivers)

Blue

Legendary Member
Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S Line 1-0 to me, bin not emptied by Bonehead binman 1-1, I drag bin to next street and get it emptied 2-1 to me, bin man thinks he's not emptied my bin so he can eat his full fry-up and have a fag with a smug labour-type got one over "rich" tw@t grin 2-2, I've wasted ages moaning about it on here 3-2 to the bin man, turns out majority of the pushbike fraternity on here have a similar outlook to the bin man 4-2 to the bin man, the bin man wont get a tip off me again 4-3 to the bin man. I'm kind and I've got nice things, the bin man is mean and he's ugly and he's a bin man - I don't believe this is a coincidence 4-4.

I get a score draw.

So you're equal to a bin-man. Are you entitled to a pension?

Blue

Legendary Member
I like this thread. One can unload every trolling tendency without polluting other threads :biggrin:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Despite the meanness of bitter bin men and the animosity towards people who choose to buy large well made German vehicles, I'm determined to continue to help blind ladies across the road and be kind and generous to everyone I meet. Thankyou

(with the exception of Subaru Imprezza drivers)

Meet me - give me your "Madone" everyone's happy then

Simples

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Equal as a result of one competitive spat.

I'd say I deserve a pension on account of being a kind and generous person....as well as paying into a private pension scheme.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
1660189 said:
Why single out one trivial area of knowledge to confess your ignorance?
Have you been at the Guardian again Adrian.

I've enough knowledge to get me along...and enough ignorance not to come across like a pompous twit

PBancroft

I get a score draw.

You really do read as if you have a stick up your butt. If I had to put money on it, I'd say your binman probably didn't even notice what car was on your drive. He would have been too busy collecting bins. Over Christmas. When many collections would have been shifted to a day later in the week, on the same day as another round. And more people have more rubbish, which means that the lorry would have to be emptied more regularly. Which means the binmen were probably pulling double shifts.

And when you think along those sorts of lines, its not a huge leap to consider that the on street only rule might make sense... after all, they need to be bloody quick to fit everybody in. Sure they were being a bit cockwombly with the rules if your bin was as close as you say it was, but give them a little slack... they do a pretty grim job, in all weathers and for little pay or thanks.

It was Christmas, after all.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Equal as a result of one competitive spat.

I'd say I deserve a pension on account of being a kind and generous person....as well as paying into a private pension scheme.

Whose benefits are not as gilt edged as the public sector workers. The bin men will have retained their pension right when they were transferred from the council payroll.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
It was Christmas, after all.

Exactly - Christmas.

I work outside in all weathers too and it involves a bit more than pushing a bin onto a couple of hooks and I pride myself on being very accommodating and friendly whilst I'm going about my business.

(Unless the customer has a Subaru Imprezza, that and laminate flooring 3 inches shy of the skirting board and full of hair, a cream leather settee, a staffordshire bull pit dog, parrot, trampoline in the back yard and unmade beds.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom