Do bin men deserve a pension ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
[QUOTE 1660242, member: 45"]Not Cheltenham, I'm not feeling the old familiar warmth.[/quote]
sorry - unintended entirely

col

Legendary Member
Now you're being a Dick for the sake of it. I'm out.
Ere I got warned for this, and I didnt even direct it personally.:rolleyes:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
This threads like a Rocky film, with the punch-drunk title character getting a right kicking from all-comers - trouble being the crowd are rooting for Appollo Creed, Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I feel a bit like Jeremy Paxman - I asked straightforward questions on post #362 & #363 - and 100+ posts later you have still failed to answer them.

I didn't ask you to justify the possession of them - well done for falling into the consumerist 'Keep up with the Jones' trap - I, and many others (I would guess), would just like to have pictorial proof of the 4x4's existence.

And you're also now being coy about the hunting/shooting?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Is there any particular reason (other than that you couldn't be arsed) that you didn't bother putting your bin on the street? It's not exactly a difficult thing to do. Or were you deliberately setting up a fight so you could moan about it?

Of course, as the bin men are now all private contractors, if you think you could do better there's always the opportunity to tender for the work.

Ajay

Veteran
Great work Flippo, a beacon of self-depreciating Lancastrian humour shinning bright in this dense morass of southern chin-strokers. Keep it up!

col

Legendary Member
Is there any particular reason (other than that you couldn't be arsed) that you didn't bother putting your bin on the street? It's not exactly a difficult thing to do. Or were you deliberately setting up a fight so you could moan about it?

Of course, as the bin men are now all private contractors, if you think you could do better there's always the opportunity to tender for the work.
Still part of the council up here?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Great work Flippo, a beacon of self-depreciating Lancastrian humour shinning bright in this dense morass of southern chin-strokers. Keep it up!
This isn't Lancastrian humour, it's just a git being a troll. The Lancashire I know and love would have moved the county boundary by now just to get rid of the association with him

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I wonder if I were to go to Bonehead working mens club in Pendleton tonight to tell the bin man in question that I was a bit disappointed with his mean-spiritedness with regards my bin the other day but did he know that there is an internet chat room with hundreds of cycling Guardian readers that supports his actions entirely. I'd imagine his intoxicated reply would be "I swear down, what the **** are you on about, if you don't **** off now I'll spark you out." "Yeah, but the demarcation point between my drive and..........." Whack!.....Thud

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran

I FORGOT TO PUT MY BIN ON THE PAVEMENT. IT WAS 1 INCH FROM THE PAVEMENT ON THE END OF MY DRIVE WHERE IT RESIDES.:banghead:

col

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1660426, member: 45"]See, this is the best bit.

You see some competitive spat.

The binman didn't. He saw a bin in the wrong place so he ignored it. Then he saw a bin in the right place and emptied it, and in the bargain he'd made you correct your error. Without even realising.[/quote]
In all fairness he did say he forgot to put it across the border line, some time back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom