Do bin men deserve a pension ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

Exactly - Christmas.

I work outside in all weathers too and it involves a bit more than pushing a bin onto a couple of hooks and I pride myself on being very accommodating and friendly whilst I'm going about my business.

(Unless the customer has a Subaru Imprezza, that and laminate flooring 3 inches shy of the skirting board and full of hair, a cream leather settee, a staffordshire bull pit dog, parrot, trampoline in the back yard and unmade beds.)

I think you're missing my point and, I suspect, quite intentionally so.

TVC

Exactly - Christmas.

I work outside in all weathers too and it involves a bit more than pushing a bin onto a couple of hooks and I pride myself on being very accommodating and friendly whilst I'm going about my business.

(Unless the customer has a Subaru Imprezza, that and laminate flooring 3 inches shy of the skirting board and full of hair, a cream leather settee, a staffordshire bull pit dog, parrot, trampoline in the back yard and unmade beds.)

That's a very specific list.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
That's a very specific list.
Scroat identifiers list - some or all of what's on the list but mainly uncleanliness of house and the smell. It's usually a council house/flat and generally the unemployed and the language of choice is yeah man, nice one, I swear down and some swear words. But let God deal with the things they do 'cos hate in your heart will consume you too !!

PBancroft

Scroat identifiers list - some or all of what's on the list but mainly uncleanliness of house and the smell. It's usually a council house/flat and generally the unemployed and the language of choice is yeah man, nice one, I swear down and some swear words. But let God deal with the things they do 'cos hate in your heart will consume you too !!

You've just moved from being someone I disagree with, to someone I dislike.

My sister has a trampoline in her garden. You know why? Her daughter has downs and its a great way for the kid to blow off steam.

She regularly has unmade beds, because having disabled children means menial tasks pale into insignificance.

She has laminate flooring, because shoot and piss is easier to clean up on that than it is on carpet.

No, she doesn't have a Subaru, but she does live on a council estate... because, you know, life is hard.

So seriously... do one.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I think you're missing my point and, I suspect, quite intentionally so.
Ok, forget the car. My window was ajar (it always is) and both me and the wife heard one of them tell a colleague not to take the bin. The way he said it sounded like the bloke he was talking to was actually about to empty it, probably because it was as easy to take than not. That to me is just being arsey for the hell of it. If my bin was 10 feet away, fair enough but he knew I'd have to put up with a full bin for another week, he knows I pay council tax, he knew it was virtually no effort to empty it, he knew it was Christmas. In my opinion he was just being bloody minded. Technically he was within his rights to leave it but it wasn't really necessary.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
You've just moved from being someone I disagree with, to someone I dislike.

My sister has a trampoline in her garden. You know why? Her daughter has downs and its a great way for the kid to blow off steam.

She regularly has unmade beds, because having disabled children means menial tasks pale into insignificance.

She has laminate flooring, because shoot and piss is easier to clean up on that than it is on carpet.

No, she doesn't have a Subaru, but she does live on a council estate... because, you know, life is hard.

So seriously... do one.
It takes no effort to make a bed....really.

PBancroft

Trust me, everything takes effort given the right circumstances.

OP
OP
B

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Being disliked by people I don't know is irrelevant to me but I'd hate to blow smoke up someones arse, however, if you choose to cherry pick a selection of criteria that indicates to me the kind of people I regard as scroats then I'd say you're being a little self indulgent for the sympathy vote. Now if your sister had a parrot, a pit bull, the laminate flooring was 3 inches shy of the skirting boards, she swears, says "I swear down", "yeah man" and "nice one" then I might have felt a little guilty.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Being disliked by people I don't know is irrelevant to me but I'd hate to blow smoke up someones arse, however, if you choose to cherry pick a selection of criteria that indicates to me the kind of people I regard as scroats then I'd say you're being a little self indulgent for the sympathy vote. Now if your sister had a parrot, a pit bull, the laminate flooring was 3 inches shy of the skirting boards, she swears, says "I swear down", "yeah man" and "nice one" then I might have felt a little guilty.
smoke, arses, cherries, skirting boards, parrots, pitbulls, laminate flooring! I'm about to start a fan club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom