Do Gel seats work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think when we see the words Gel Saddle we see it as those wide lumpy things you get on a BSO or a cheap gym bike.

S.Giles

s-l140.jpg
Here's mine. It looks just like the kind of thing that would get slagged-off around here but I love it. It's not overly soft, and I'm so used to it that I don't notice it at all when I'm riding. I bought it in October 2013 and it's been on two different bikes so far.

Last edited:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
From personal experience I think gel seats depend on the design. A lot more has to go into that design to accommodate the gel. I do have a gel filled SKS (san marco) saddle on the posh bike. Best saddle I've ever used, but it cost a fair bit compared to similar. As others have said you can get a decent saddle and shorts/pad workaround for a hell of a lot less.

My spesh avatar has their BG gel and its probably the comfiest saddle Ive got, but be careful of a too padded saddle, which can lead to movement/chaffing.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
s-l140.jpg
Here's mine. It looks just like the kind of thing that would get slagged-off around here but I love it. It's not overly soft, and I'm so used to it that I don't notice it at all when I'm riding. I bought it in October 2013 and it's been on two different bikes so far.

Mine's similar and its great. More comfortable than my sofa.

Top Bottom