Do I need a Venge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Firstly, hello! This is my first venture into a cycling forum and my first time on any forum for quite some years.

I have been cycling for pleasure and fitness for about 4.5 years now and I started with a Specialized Allez Sport. After 2 years I upgraded to a Tarmac Comp, which I am still riding now and love very much. The opportunity has arisen for me to get a 2015 Venge Pro at a good price, but I am wondering if I will notice any benefit or am I just wasting my money as the Tarmac is such a capable machine?

Thoughts welcomed please.

Gamble1983

Regular
I dont think you "Need" a Venge no, but it all depends on how much you like your Tarmac?

I personally only upgrade bikes if it will make a drastic change of my Speed/Time etc, otherwise i wouldnt bother. I much prefer upgrading parts on my bikes to make them a little more unique. But each to his own right?

Also would you sell your other bike to accommodate the Venge or keep both?

Firstly, hello! This is my first venture into a cycling forum and my first time on any forum for quite some years.

I have been cycling for pleasure and fitness for about 4.5 years now and I started with a Specialized Allez Sport. After 2 years I upgraded to a Tarmac Comp, which I am still riding now and love very much. The opportunity has arisen for me to get a 2015 Venge Pro at a good price, but I am wondering if I will notice any benefit or am I just wasting my money as the Tarmac is such a capable machine?

No.

GinaC

I've just gone from an Allez sport to a Venge pro - best decision ever, well worth the money, fab bike, makes me smile everytime I ride her :smile:

Probably not if you're not racing,it is a 'sprinters' bike really and like all bikes of that ilk is designed for strong powerful racers;but if you really want it,,,

However what spec is your Tarmac? If you spend most of your time riding sportives or doing long rides rather than quick club runs and lots of sprinting then the Tarmac is probably the better bet and I'd look to get that to as high a spec as possible(new SRAM e-tap.Shimano Dura-Ace Di,Campag Super -Record ESP?).

Crandoggler

If you could afford and wanted a Ferrari, would you buy it?

It's your life, your money.

They also look amazing. But personally I'd be spending £000's less on a Planet X alternative.

OP
OP
J

japcreation

Thanks for the replies so far. Just to add a little more info, I don't race but I do the odd sportive and other events.
My Tarmac has a full Ultegra set up.
I'm not looking to replace the Tarmac but add to the collection (still got and use the Allez).
I just love the look of the Venge and I have that "want" rather than "need" feeling!
Finances are personal, but I should probably be spending the money on my upcoming wedding even though I have support from my fiancé.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Thanks for the replies so far. Just to add a little more info, I don't race but I do the odd sportive and other events.
My Tarmac has a full Ultegra set up.
I'm not looking to replace the Tarmac but add to the collection (still got and use the Allez).
I just love the look of the Venge and I have that "want" rather than "need" feeling!
Finances are personal, but I should probably be spending the money on my upcoming wedding even though I have support from my fiancé.
Buy it and never look back

winjim

Smash the cistern
No, you do not need a Venge. It's a very nice bike but you already have several of those, and unless you are a professional sprinter at the top of your game it will make no difference to your riding. It is merely an object of desire, you think that it will improve your life but ultimately once you possess it you will still be dissatisfied and looking for the next thing to own.

Ride the bikes you already have and spend the money you save on the Venge on taking your fiancé away somewhere nice. The rewards will be much more fulfilling and longer lasting. :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Especially not at the riders who are about to overtake you on their £300 gas pipe specials.
nothing wrong with being overtaken by somebody, no matter what bike the ride.....its all about the enjoyment of cycling

if he wants a venge and it will make him smile while riding it...nothing else mattes really

Top Bottom