Do I need a Venge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No. They're ugly :whistle:

winjim

Smash the cistern
nothing wrong with being overtaken by somebody, no matter what bike the ride.....its all about the enjoyment of cycling

if he wants a venge and it will make him smile while riding it...nothing else mattes really
The question was will they see a benefit. The answer is no.

winjim

Smash the cistern
the benefit of what?? hes riding a bike he enjoys riding.....to me thats the only benefit that matters
This is true, although he'd have to decide whether he really enjoys riding the Venge more than the Tarmac or Allez.

Thanks for the replies so far. Just to add a little more info, I don't race but I do the odd sportive and other events.
My Tarmac has a full Ultegra set up.
I'm not looking to replace the Tarmac but add to the collection (still got and use the Allez).
I just love the look of the Venge and I have that "want" rather than "need" feeling!
Finances are personal, but I should probably be spending the money on my upcoming wedding even though I have support from my fiancé.

In that case go ahead:becool:

If I had the money(or was allowed:rolleyes::laugh:) There would be a ti Enigma,Ridley Fenix sl and an old steel bike in my 'collection'.

Citius

This is true, although he'd have to decide whether he really enjoys riding the Venge more than the Tarmac or Allez.

I personally can't see the point in buying a bike which serves exactly the same purpose as one you've already got. Get a cross bike, or a gravel bike, or a tourer, or a MTB...

Jimidh

Veteran
Thanks for the replies so far. Just to add a little more info, I don't race but I do the odd sportive and other events.
My Tarmac has a full Ultegra set up.
I'm not looking to replace the Tarmac but add to the collection (still got and use the Allez).
I just love the look of the Venge and I have that "want" rather than "need" feeling!
Finances are personal, but I should probably be spending the money on my upcoming wedding even though I have support from my fiancé.

If you want it go out and buy it. Once you get married and start a family then there is less chance of you getting one.

Kajjal

Guru
Once she becomes your wife she will not let you buy anything due to "we" needing lots of things you never realised were essential to life. I would just buy it and as it is a good price you shouldn't lose too much on resale if needed.

Top Bottom