Do They Mean Us ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Happens on AV forums. For some reason some AV or media forums like DS are very, very anti-cyclist.

yello

Just ignore it. Forums are just pissing in the wind (yes, this one too!) and people are inclined to sound off because they can. It's just shouting in a empty cave. I am baffled by those that seemed to take glee in cyclists' death or injury. That's just sick, so I hope it's empty.

OP
OP
L

Lazy-Commuter

Oh aye, I'm not bothered by it. Some of the responeses did make I chuckle, though.

I'm also baffled by some of those that seem to take glee in the potential maiming of the person involved, much as he brought it on himself .. in fact, the only person I've ever put on ignore was someone on that forum who posted in a thread about somebody putting a wire across a footpath at neck height to catch motorcyclists (illegally) ridnig off road: he said something along the lines of, "we should do that to all the cyclists who ride on the path and cut their b*****d heads off". Now, much as none of us condone pavement cycling I doubt we'd like to kill those guilty of this "crime"!! ;)

I've noticed that on the few times I've ventured into their "general" forum many of the FMs seem to be pretty much anti everything.

But I thought it was amusing how quickly the "road tax" thing came up, and the person who was irate because of cyclists riding one to two metres away from the kerb. Selfish barstwards!! Get in the gutter where you belong!!

amnezia

marinyork said:
Happens on AV forums. For some reason some AV or media forums like DS are very, very anti-cyclist.

Fat losers who have nothing better to do then sit in front of the tv eating pot noodles

Cyclists can generalise too..

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I am always in Digital Spy and I have attempted to put them right on this but I fear I am on a losing battle!!!

I do particularly like one poster who put..

I think you'll find all but the most flatulence afflicted cyclist will come in under 100 CO2 emissions limit, so 'road tax' would be free anyway.

It did tickle me - was it anyone on here!?

OP
OP
L

Lazy-Commuter

the reluctant cyclist said:
I am always in Digital Spy and I have attempted to put them right on this but I fear I am on a losing battle!!!

I do particularly like one poster who put..

I think you'll find all but the most flatulence afflicted cyclist will come in under 100 CO2 emissions limit, so 'road tax' would be free anyway.

It did tickle me - was it anyone on here!?
Not me. I did think about joining in but feared it would be like repeatedly slamming my head against a wall. That post tickled me also .. I did quite fancy pointing out that a (more likely to be) overweight car driver would probably be even more flatulent than a cyclist and so have greater emissions.

(Yes, I know farts are NOT CO2)

Ben M

Wouldn't you all have had a sly grin to yourself if a muppet Lance-wannabe RLJer's own stupidity was his downfall? I would have.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
There are many on this forum who are similarly arrogant and dismissive towards anyone who drives a car.....

Still, the first reply gets it right, wearing lycra is one thing, but wearing astana kit really is like a kid blinging out a Nova....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
amnezia said:
Fat losers who have nothing better to do then sit in front of the tv eating pot noodles

I go on various avforums and talking about what a forum is like is very different from commenting about actual people and insulting them. Every forum has its biases - if people wandered on here they'd get the impression that most cyclists are road utility cyclists doing hefty commutes at speed or recumbent riders. DS has it's own biases in that and other areas.

skwerl

amnezia said:

It's a well known fact that 99% of AV forum-goers are paedofiles. I read that somewhere

Adrian_K

Über Member
laughing at other people's misfortune is funny (wrong, but funny) even moreso if their actions caused the incident.

If the original post is true, I hope the cyclist didn't damage the car and will learn from it before he gets a nomination for a Darwin award..

postman

Legendary Member
Oh dear the cyclist should pay tax reared it's ugly head again.
Maybe drivers should stop.

Smoking whilst driving,
Drinking and driving,
Eating whilst driving ,
Texting,
phoning.

Should i go on ? no i won't bother.

We were on the A1 on monday been for a flashy meal out.Driving saw some really crap driving.Best ,tanker driver pouring himself a drink out of a thermos flask.Tanker actually did a wobble off line.STUPID barsteward.

biking_fox

Guru
(Yes, I know farts are NOT CO2)

But methane is a more potent greenhouse gas than CO2 - about 20x IIRC

Hence in nearly all scientific discussions over greenhouse gases the actual topic is CO2 equivalents : 1 g Methane would be counted as a 20g CO2 emission.

Somehow journalists seem unable to cope with this very tricky concept.

Top Bottom