Do you avoid road kill,cow muck and the like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I had to avoid some road kill the other day! Was a dead badger over 1/3 of the lane! I need to re fit my mudguards as it's sillage time so lots of crap on the roads

sent from the holodeck on my tricorder

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
yes apparently some folk still embarrass themselves by "wearing them"!:whistle:
I cant fit any mudguards on my road bike.I did run with crud roadracers for a while but the clearance was too tight for even those to be successful. I have them on the hybrid I use for commuting. I am amazed how seldom I have to clean the chain on the hybrid compared to almost every time on the road bike.

My next roadbike will have clearance for mudguards ,may take them off on the odd occassion we have good weather^_^

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I cant fit any mudguards on my road bike.I did run with crud roadracers for a while but the clearance was too tight for even those to be successful. I have them on the hybrid I use for commuting. I am amazed how seldom I have to clean the chain on the hybrid compared to almost every time on the road bike.

My next roadbike will have clearance for mudguards ,may take them off on the odd occassion we have good weather^_^

I'm only joking about mudguards being "embarrassing".;) They're a good thing to have and sometimes i wish i had them, but if the road bike Stazi caught me i'd be in serious trouble!!:stop:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'm only joking about mudguards being "embarrassing".;) They're a good thing to have and sometimes i wish i had them, but if the road bike Stazi caught me i'd be in serious trouble!!:stop:

The ones who laugh at mudguards are not the ones who know much about cycling. Virtually every clued-up clubman has a properly equipped winter bike.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It won't be long before you'll be able to build yourself a nice tidy winter bike / tourer based on a crosser and equipped with mudguards and hydraulic discs... bring it on!

mr Mag00

rising member
a squashed dead cow? where do you ride?

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Last year I did a bike maintenance day at a local school and it seemed as though the majority of kids had ridden through something on their way to school. It wasn't dead birds or cow muck; it was canine-related and decidedly unpleasant. Needless to say we wore surgical gloves all day!

Boakt! Yet another good reason for keeping cyclists off the pavement.

I try and avoid going through anything unpleasant although I think I might have accidentally picked up a bit of horse muck as I went through Hyde Park last night.

Sandra6

Veteran
I ran over a dead bird yesterday, bleurgh. I just didn't see it in time.
Ordinarily I would avoid riding through anything unpleasant, but sometimes, on country lanes, it's unavoidable.

jayonabike