Do you cycle for or at least partly for Enviromental reasons ?

Do you ride a bicylcle for Enviromental reasons ?

• Fully

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Partly

Votes: 76 46.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 87 53.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would have to say partly for my answers,I now cycle for many reasons, I started serious cycling for cost reasons as a student ( about 30 years ago but then realized how much I enjoyed it, but now it's a mix of Mental/ physical health benefits, cost, environmental and the fact I love being outside.I do own a small motorcycle which I very rarely use and a car as well.

No. I gave up my car for environmental reasons, I cycle to get places.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not really. I am a lifelong cyclist and just love being on the bike. I use the bike where I can but I do not for instance load up the panniers and do multiple food shops with panniers. Mostly though I move around locally by bike. I do roughly twice as much mileage on the bike as car with the car being used for trips away, visits to distant relatives.

I do get frustrated with how hard it can be to take your bike with you on the train at times. There are trips I would do by bike and train instead of car if there was some joined up thinking in that area.

I used about a tank of fuel once every 8 weeks

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Thinking about it, I suppose there's four reasons why I sometimes ride a bike rather than use a different form of transport.
1) It's enjoyable, so long as the weather is half decent anyway.
2) I get more exercise than I would otherwise, which allows me to eat and drink what I really like, and not rabbit food.
3) Convenience, it's door-to-door and can be the quickest way of going relatively short distances.
4) The cost of cycling is bugger all, at least it is the way I do it. Run cheap hack bikes, recycled donor parts, DIY maintenance.

Saving the planet doesn't even come into it. I couldn't care less about global warming, emissions etc.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I sold my car as it wasn’t being used enough to warrant the cost of ownership (sub 1000 miles per year).

I commute to work because it’s quicker to do so, than to walk to the bus stop that I would need to get to work.

I cycle (out of work hours) purely for my enjoyment. I haven’t given the environmental aspect of my cycling any consideration whatsoever.

Top Bottom