Do you ever forget to lock your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I wont leave a bike unattended, and it will be locked. If I have too.
I leave my lock at work as it's a motorcycle one, weighs rather a lot

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Presumably you mean 'unlocked' for a week, or are we really talking about door swung open and all contents on view while you buggered off for a week?
I once left my front door locked but open for nearly 12 hours! I had been in a hurry to get my lift to work and hadn't quite pulled the door shut when I locked it. The door had been pushed or blown open while I was out. It was a bit nerve-wracking wandering round the house checking that everything was still there. It was!

I think it near impossible that I'd forget to lock my bike - I virtually always carry a lock (often two) of some description.

I have left the keys in my front door and also once or twice left the front door unclosed at night - fortunately I live in an area of London where I can (usually) count on getting away with this.

That said I did once leave an expensive £100 plus Minoura worksand outside my garage one night - garage separate from house. The last I saw of that.

I know someone who had a bike nicked from Lewisham marketplace.

Asked him if it was locked

"with a piece of string" he said.

I would have thought nothing would have been better/less noticable than that.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Once to cut a long story (which I've told before) on a visit to the dentist I'd forgot my lock, so deter thieves I undid my front quick release... Forgot until I'd got all the way hame as i eased my forks up onto the drive as I rode onto it... Wheel dropped out I stopped very abruptly ( ' luckily' my jaw was numb) my wheel unlike me didn't stop until it hit my garage door at the end of the drive...

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Hasn't happened to me.

However a relative of mine has a front-door that was never really used. One time recently, when looking to let out a guest through the front (in the north that is when you want to be really fancy), she realised it was unlocked. By her estimation that front door had been unlocked for around four months

Top Bottom