Do you Facebook???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mosschops2

When contacting a friend recently, I couldn't find his number (since I dropped my mobile in a car park and it got run over - Doh!), so I checked out FriendsReuinited because I knew he was on there somewhere, and for some reason I subscribed 6 months ago, but haven't really used it!

He said I should use Facebook - much better and more popular. My brothers (6 and 10 yrs younger than me!) also use it alot, and following one brother's stag do, loads of pics were on there etc.

Until that point I had registered (years ago!) but never used it. Now I have dabbled a little, and have got my head around how it works, and have got a few friends up and running etc etc.

Couple of things; who else uses it? and would it be worth "advertising" cycle chat on there - with starting a group - or is that pointless - to essentially create a mini-forum, to advertise a forum???

chris42

No never used it.
Must be to old.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Someone invited me to be a friend on Facebook, so I registered and then kept getting emails saying "X has sent you a message", which made me think he could just have emailed me...

I've barely looked at it since...

So I've no idea about 'advertising' the forum...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
mosschops2 said:
Couple of things; who else uses it? and would it be worth "advertising" cycle chat on there - with starting a group - or is that pointless - to essentially create a mini-forum, to advertise a forum???

i think you've answered your own question! oh, and no, i don't (or myspace)

OP
OP
mosschops2

mosschops2

Really I suppose a better word would be "promote" rather than "advertise".

But if no one here uses it.... kind of implies that it would be unlikely to attract new members.... as the group would have to have a low level of activity just to remain credible....

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Someone invited me to be a friend on Facebook, so I registered and then kept getting emails saying "X has sent you a message", which made me think he could just have emailed me...

I've barely looked at it since...

So I've no idea about 'advertising' the forum...
bit like a pm really i suppose.

Melvil

It all seems a bit too 'public' for me.

It's a great idea for people who want to find you, if you want them too. But it's ripe for exploitation.

It's a bit insidious, if you think about it. I don't really like the idea.

barq

I know a lot of people who use Facebook and Myspace. I'm not so keen because they seem essentially like the rest of the internet only not as good. You get to have a page where you can upload a few small pictures, a bit of text, and add some links to other people. However the layout and contents are quite restricted and some stuff you can't view without being a member. I'd rather look at someone's personal website - they tend to be more individual if nothing else.

I suppose there's probably no harm in pointing people to this place. I've linked it from my website, and if enough other people do the same then it will start to climb up the google page rankings.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
does anyone know what purpose the "buddy list" on here serves?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I've been on it for a couple of years. Was better when it was restricted to universities, but I deo use it a hell of a lot, and find it very useful.

Without it, there are quite a few people I would not have any contact details for.

Get on it!

Don't think advertising the forum would work though!

Top Bottom