Do you "Facebook"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

if you're really keen to get her off it, then take her away on holiday somewhere she won't be able to get on it. Plenty of places you can go where there is no connexion and the mobile providers don't offer the necessary web features on their networks

I go through phases where I'm on it too much but breaking up the pattern often means that when I get back to the UK I'm not on it so much of the time as I was before I left...

China would be a great location to get over facebook :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Or Dorset judging by my daughters reactions to the level of mobile phone coverage at our campsite
biggrin.gif

vikingcyclist

I use facebook for two things - to sort out events with people (since anyone organising parties, christenings and so on now seems incapable of sending out invites on anything other than facebook) and to upload my SportsTracker data since I know that my parents (who started me off on cycling) like to know that I'm enjoying it, and what I'm up to.

I do occasionally post status updates, maybe once every few days.

jeltz

Veteran
Or Dorset judging by my daughters reactions to the level of mobile phone coverage at our campsite
biggrin.gif

Spent a few days near Barnstaple in August mobile phone was poor mobile internet was non existent. Other than the fact that I wanted to look up the weather forecast and couldn't it was great :smile:

gavintc

Guru
Facebook is our cycling club's media of choice. You have to be on it, to get the updates, the meeting timings and so on. Personally, I have no problems with Facebook, it keeps me up to date with people and friends I left behind in UK.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I use it but only for people i have actually met ! It amazes me how many people "collect" friends like a competition :biggrin:

I try to stick to that rule, but a few slip through, noramlly the really sexy ones, so I have a dozen or so 'strangers' on there. Still managed to collect over 700 friends though, and I really have met almost all of them!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I joined it and apart from the CTC,cycle chat and 1 other non cycling group i ignore every group, game invite i get .

I only really use face book to update my tickerfactory commuter mileage counter.

If i want to send someone a message i will call or txt them.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's ok for keeping in touch with folk you don't get to see very often, but personally I get sick of constantly having to lock down my account because of their somewhat lackadaisical approach to sharing your personal data.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Occasional user here............some funny friend requests that I check with the missus (both from same school) - usually some nosey cow..... TBH I only allow folk I was actually good friends with...that's it............ no work colleagues at all.........

Mainly family (have 4 nieces/nephews at 'that' age...........) so helps see what they are 'up to'.......

One on my sisters post's occasionally..."oh off on holiday" ...FFS I keep telling her to stop being so silly............... open house.............?? :wacko:

No idea..............

Was really good for the Cheshire Cat - Verenti use it a bit, so good for route updates for their sportives.........

People use it to create a fake image of themselves, and then think they need to spend hours on it in order to uphold this image. I have spent a lot of time infront of the computer this summer due to knee surgery, and every time I check facebook the same people are always online posting self obsessed status'. Welcome to 2010

There's one person who fills my wall with depressing crap constantly, yesterday, he updated his status 142 times, I know this because he updated saying so and how crap his life is. Annoys me so much it's unreal.

Top Bottom