Do you feel the cold ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I know i do :tongue:

5' 10''...just under 11 stone, theres not much excess meat on me...and bugger, any cold wind goes straight through me.

Always the first to put a jacket on and pull up my collar...while loadsa silly beggars are still walking round in t shirts and shorts. :blush:
God i detest winter .

The good thing...i love the heat..and i mean love it. 38 to 40 degrees every day in Turkey while on holiday...loved it :sad: Everyone else in our party was suffering..
Last year when the temps were 30 to 32 degrees here....god i sweated on my 30 plus milers...but loved it.

Lean, mean...and cold :biggrin:...what about you guys ?

Melvil

My auntie is like that. One christmas we were all sitting in the lounge and I felt severely uncomfortable and went to check the wall-mounted thermometer in the hall.......88 degrees!! I had to (surreptitiously) turn the heating down.

I don't really feel the cold too much, though - living in Scotland that's a MAJOR plus point!

I like zero! Don't mind the heat though, and a nice spring sunshine is the best of all warming things. Only in arm warmers, longs,cap and long finger gloves at the mo but the day for 'big' coat is coming nearer!
Cold wind with rain is a miserable combination.
107kg now - so a bit more coverage - but not too much blubber to protect. Maybe you could invent some sort of centrally heated bike gbb? :blush:

ash68

I'm the last person to put the heating on,always have the bedroom window open, even in winter for a bit fresh air. But I like to keep well layered up on the bike in winter.I'll have a windproof on when some dafties are going round in short sleeve tops and my bibtights on when others still have shorts on. Guess it takes all sorts:biggrin:

Melvil said:
My auntie is like that. One christmas we were all sitting in the lounge and I felt severely uncomfortable and went to check the wall-mounted thermometer in the hall.......88 degrees!! I had to (surreptitiously) turn the heating down.

I don't really feel the cold too much, though - living in Scotland that's a MAJOR plus point!

Ive got an auntie like that.

I don't know how my system works but if its still I'm not cold but if its breezy I am :blush:.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Don't mind the cold, dislike high winds from a cycling point of view, just kills me completely, even on flats. The last two nights haven't been too cold which has been good. I think October was pretty warm.

Keith Oates

Janner
Must admit the cold doesn't make me excited, hands a feet really suffer on the bike at those times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longers

Legendary Member
Not much meat on me but I don't mind the cold too much if I'm dry. I'm not normally still for long, especially at work, so that helps.

One of my Dads mates doesn't feel the cold or the heat and will wear the same clothing all year round (in Edinburgh - so there may be not too much seasonal variation :blush:).

I don't like it too hot, a good (rare) summers day here is just enough for me. It means you can still get on and do stuff.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm mostly OK with cold, was ever thus, even as a skinny runt. Heat however I struggle with, warm houses, offices, cars etc make me feel muzzy and horrrible, I'm not keen on overly hot holidays either, give me the temperate Atlantic coast rather than the middle of the Med. Heat does me in, my failed attemt at Ventoux was at midday in 100F heat and no wind, the gradient and the distance were fine but I just could not loose the heat however much water I drank or threw over my head, just sitting in the sun that day was too hot for me...the heart starts racing and I get trembly and feel unwell.

Norv

I like a bit of everything tbh. I enjoy a Greek beach at 40 degrees, aswell as an icy cold, sunny and crisp day on the bike in January. I'm off to Poland in February (a visit for historical reasons rather than a cycling trip) and we'll be expecting heavy snow and lows of minus 8-9! I think I might take some wooly under-wear!

For me, if it's sunny, I don't care if it's 0 or plus 35.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Don't like excessive heat, it drains my stamina. I try not to drink too much as that does the same.

As for the cold I'm all right once I get going. Now I'm a old vet, warming up takes some time and that's when the cold gets to me. So long as my hands and feet stay warm I'm OK. But, I don't stop unless I have to.

The modern materials are so efficient compared with 30+ years ago. Winter then was a miserable time with freezing hands and feet. You youngsters don't know you're born!! :blush:

Hot weather will kill me one day.
I was built with a fast wicking but fully thermal body suit ready installed.
Designed for 4am starts and snow up to the knees, put me some where warm and I've had it..

What saddlebum says is true but its not just the clothes, it really is so much warmer now. As a boy/teen I did milk rounds oop north and winter frequently meant snow, now winter is a bit of a chill.

Top Bottom