Do you have a Gore jacket? {sizin help needed}

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Just on the cusp of buying a gore jacket. According to the size chart im in the middle of the XXL range for chest, hip and waist. But the arms are waaay off!

I measure mine at 30 inches, the chart says the jacket has 34 inches... I will look like my first day a secondary school... I`ll grow into that!

If you have a gore jacket, specifiacally a xenon can you compare your measurement to the chart and let me know how you compare to the chart, and also how you find the sleeve length please?

Size chart... http://www.gorebikewear.com/remote/Satellite/Customer-Service/Men-Size-Chart?flag=1

Jacket front...
gore-bike-wear-xenon-soft-shell-aw10-jacket.jpg

Jacket back...
gore-bike-wear-xenon-soft-shell-aw10-jacket.jpg

Cheers

jann71

Veteran
I have a gore countdown jacket, not sure what size maybe L or XL and its in the car, currently pouring outside but can check tomorrow if any use.

henshaw11

I'm afraid mine (and it's a Xenon) is a medium, but I see what you mean re sizing - I find Gore medium - top and bottom - is generally spot on for me (38-39" chest, 32" waist, about 5'9-5'10, 75kg, neither short nor long arms). I bought mine having tried one on rather than referring to the sizing chart, and it's a close fit - mebbe space for a base layer and SS jersey underneath but that's about all, including/especially the arms. The large (according to chest size) would have been too baggy I'd expect. If I measure my arm length, in the corresponding fashion, to be mebbe 30-30.5" - even the medium looks long according to their chart - yet the length on the actual jacket seems just right. The chart does seem to tally for me re waist/hips/inseam, tho'.

If it's any use: laid flat, armpit seam<> armpit seam is just under 40", armpit seam<>cuff is ~22.75", black taped seam at top of shoulder to cuff is just under 28".

HTH...

Garz

Squat Member
I have recently purchased a Gore jacket, albeit not this specific one. I would say the sizing is slightly generous, for example I am normally a medium but this medium is perhaps some manufacturers large. It has slightly baggy areas but I don't mind as currently im carrying a few extra pounds and in winter I tend to layer up more so need a shade more room than being aero tight.

Hope this may be of help.

I got a small gore phantom jacket and like Garz I find it a little generous, especially in the arms I measure 75cm (29.5inch) approx going by their sizing but going by the chart their small is about 0.25-1.25 inch too big for me and that's about right. On all but the coldest days where I can layer up, it stays the cupboard, its also a less colourful grey top so that influences my decision too ;)

Slaav

Veteran
I recently bought a Gore top and I would say that the arms are 'generous'!

XXL - I am a big lad and was delighted that the sleeves were plenty long enough. Cant actually think of any other top that I can say thata bout. And I am no Chimp or knuckle dragger....

zizou

Veteran
The arm length on something made for cycling will be longer than what you would wear normally so i wouldnt worry too much about the length.

Bit like a well fitting pair of bib shorts, they feel a bit uncomfortable standing up and walking about but on the bike they feel just right.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have been to try some gore jalets on, they didnt have a xenon in XXL, but they did have an Oxygen in Xl. It was a bit too tight, probably even for before the mince pies!

The sleeves were long, veven in a mock ctcling position but not by too much. Fingers crossed it will be ok. Thanks for all your replies!

Top Bottom