Do you know what Unerring means?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I put it in a revised Job Description for work today and was amazed at the people who simply didn't know what it meant in the context of Unerring accuracy.

I thought it was quite common a word and meaning.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Does it mean leaving your bedding on too long? Perhaps ive lost my direction on this post...

keep it simple All will understand bud

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
@Andy _R Not really IMO, there could be an expectation of e.g. 70% accuracy being enough...

In this case it is putting a positive slant on the consequences of error without going into negatives on the JD and saying in effect if we get it wrong, the consequences are pretty harsh all ways up but leaving that to policy to detail how & having the JD as the statement of intent/expectation.

ayceejay

Guru
I was in Amsterdam once and they had these stalls selling raw fish and onions, there was the herring stall and the unerring stall and I can say with unerring accuracy that they were both vile.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
@Andy _R Not really IMO, there could be an expectation of e.g. 70% accuracy being enough...

In this case it is putting a positive slant on the consequences of error without going into negatives on the JD and saying in effect if we get it wrong, the consequences are pretty harsh all ways up but leaving that to policy to detail how & having the JD as the statement of intent/expectation.
That's not unerring accuracy then is it? Thats "close'll do" :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

You could have stipulated that error free working is an essential part of the job.

I can't think of many jobs that require "unerring accuracy", other than a sniper. Similarly if a job required unerring accuracy (as described above I would assume that to be 100% accuracy), I can't think of any I could do for more than 10 minutes.

More info required.

Top Bottom