Do you know what Unerring means?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
There's nothing wrong with ''unerring accuracy'' that I can see, as long as it's a realistic expectation. To err is human, to ''er...?'' human resources.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I can't think of many jobs that require "unerring accuracy", other than a sniper. Similarly if a job required unerring accuracy (as described above I would assume that to be 100% accuracy), I can't think of any I could do for more than 10 minutes.

More info required.
Airline pilot.... I'm not sure even 99% would be enough ....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ur of the Chaldees.jpg
Un-erring? Have the class not been paying attention? A non-resident of Ur of the Chaldees, dummies[/ATTACH]

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I don't think so. Nor is simply 'accurate' quite right. Unerring adds the element of time/repetition. As Welsh Dragon says,

To be unerring means not to 'err' - ie, get it wrong - not once, but repeatedly, consistently, reliably.
Thanks, you've worded it better than I ever could. The exact situation we work in and the expectation placed on us.

Yes humans do make mistakes but the level of consequence is the thing. Same as not looking where I'm going walking across my front room (stubbed toe and annoyed dog) or not looking where I'm going pulling my bike out into fast moving traffic (dead).

My level of concentration and accuracy in the performing the latter is far more crucial and significant to be right every time, as it is in the wider JD extract of unerring accuracy that would give away more of what I do than I wish to.

Thanks for the replies all, I'm glad that its not just me getting what it means.

Top Bottom