Do you know your local "gangster"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
I lived in a big village for many years and everyone knew who the local gangster / dealer was. The guy who would run the really bad guys out of the village (with a machete if needs be) and could sort out any local problems with out of order kids, stop burglars from out of the area and so on.

I now live in a City and I don't know who turn to if I run into trouble. Please don't tell me the Police will be interested in the sort of low level stuff I'm talking about.

Who do you turn to?

screenman

Legendary Member
I only have to look in the mirror.

dim

I lived in a big village for many years and everyone knew who the local gangster / dealer was. The guy who would run the really bad guys out of the village (with a machete if needs be) and could sort out any local problems with out of order kids, stop burglars from out of the area and so on.

I now live in a City and I don't know who turn to if I run into trouble. Please don't tell me the Police will be interested in the sort of low level stuff I'm talking about.

Who do you turn to?

sounds like you've been in trouble before .... :laugh:

keep your nose clean, be friendly with everyone, and you won't have trouble :becool:

pplpilot

Guru
Loverly blokes ours, loves his mother only hurts his own sort.

I wouldn't give scum the satisfaction of having to 'turn to them'. As it happens I do know who it is, or rather who they are, a whole family of 'em.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
It's the WI round here. They'd kneecap you if you step out of line.

gbb

Legendary Member
Life and people tend to be a lot more anonymous in a city I think. Spent my younger life in Notts villages and everyone knew who the local hard man was, actually, usually it was a family.

mustang1

Guru
search
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._AUICCgC&biw=412&bih=660#imgrc=gSByyoq0_o6G0M:

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never known any gangsta. I believe they exist as they keep getting killed, but our path's haven't crossed. Rough idea who is the local one, but never seen him, other than it's bloody obvious with his car, home, work etc.

Drago

Legendary Member
I once made a bad faux pas in Nottingham.

Bearing in mind I'm a white 6'4'' gent, back at the time of this story a body builder sporting a very short hair cut and wearing a Fred Perry T-shirt. Anyway, looking thus I accidentally wondered into the West Indian chip shop place just off the town centre. I was about as welcome as Kanye West at a Merle Haggard concert, but I stood my ground and ordered my chips. Now that's 'ard.

Top Bottom