Do you know your local "gangster"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm a bit worried about a cycle buddy of mine who has a villa in Spain.
Told me his neighbours were Kenneth Noye and 'Goldfinger'. :eek:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The guy who lived two doors up from us was a bouncer who also used to work for the local hunt as 'protection'. We once found his wallet in the street with hundreds of pounds in cash in it and returned it to him. He basically told us that we could count on nothing bad ever happening to us in the village, even though my partner at the time was a well-known hunt sab... it was not exactly the kind of protection we wanted but it seemed like one of those offers you can't refuse.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Not sure when he told you, but it looks like Noye is still in prison for the road rage murder of Stephen Cameron in 2000.

Noye has done his 16-year life tariff so could be released this year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/notorious-m25-road-rage-murderer-9170485
He reckoned it was a few years ago.
'Goldfinger' got gunned down a couple of years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Palmer_(criminal)
I must admit I'm a bit nervous about asking him too much about his past.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Start frequenting the most seediest pub near you.
Needs to have obfuscated windows, be a "free bar" next to a "lounge", preferably advertising a "half and a half" for 2.50 or thereabouts.
Absolutely no security at the door: the gangstas inside will be the security.
The owner of your local private taxi company is also a good bet
:smile:
Local Councillors in two case, down these parts, that failed to organise the "p*** in a brewery". It had closed some years before.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Our local "gangster / hardman" lives three doors away from me, he has (had) a shocking reputation, commonly known as mad Jack, was known to walk around with a short handled axe in his trouser belt, nobody dared to cross swords with him.
The present day,,,,,,like everyone else (if they are lucky) the hardman has got old, he is now crippled with arthritis and relies on an invalid scooter to get around, he treats other people with respect because he fears reprisal for his wrongdoing over the years, an old weak scared man.
This is the problem with "hard men" they get old and weak and then they become scared, oh how the mighty fall!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Ah. So not my family then :okay: - I'm from West Bridgford although some now live in Bingham.
It'd be interesting to see if the Bingham family are still there (actually, the ones I knew are) and if their offspring have been as 'active' as their parents. '

Drago

Legendary Member
Charles Bronson is in his sixties but I still wouldn't be quick to pick an argument with him.

gbb

Legendary Member
Our local "gangster / hardman" lives three doors away from me, he has (had) a shocking reputation, commonly known as mad Jack, was known to walk around with a short handled axe in his trouser belt, nobody dared to cross swords with him.
The present day,,,,,,like everyone else (if they are lucky) the hardman has got old, he is now crippled with arthritis and relies on an invalid scooter to get around, he treats other people with respect because he fears reprisal for his wrongdoing over the years, an old weak scared man.
This is the problem with "hard men" they get old and weak and then they become scared, oh how the mighty fall!!

We know one like that. 2 doors away, 25 years ago lived a nutter, hard as nails, always up to no good including battering his wife. The police were always there.
Now, he's in his late 50s, lost a leg supposedly to drug abuse, rides a mobility scooter and looks a complete and utter wreck.

TBF, it's often the case (certainly some years ago, maybe not nowadays) that if you treated them normally or respectfully (I'm not talking doffing your cap, just treating them like anyone else)....they responded perfectly ok. I once knocked on his door to complain about one of his kids but didn't go over the top. He was perfectly ok, apologised and all was OK :whistle:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Charles Bronson is in his sixties but I still wouldn't be quick to pick an argument with him.

I spoke to a prison officer who was at Frankland prison in Durham during one of Bronson's spells there.

The Prison Service doesn't recognise the name Bronson, so all the officers call him by his real name - Michael Peterson - which really winds him up.

But I agree with you, so if I ever met him I would stick with Mr Bronson.

Big Andy

Über Member
One of our local "gangsters" although I prefer the term "drug dealing scumbag" decided to arm himself then went for a drive and decided not to stop when the police wanted a chat. Got himself shot. Not too much sympathy for him.

Top Bottom