Do you know your local "gangster"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had a local one gunned down in the next village about 10-15 years ago. It's like Marple (Stockport) was the crime capital ! (easy google for you none locals).

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Nottingham's a bit different from a big village (and Bardney isn't even a big village, @screenman). We have problems finding any quinoa, let alone orgasmic, and have to travel to Newark Waitrose just to get half decent polenta. The bacalhau in the Viccy centre is full of bones, and they aren't necessarily cod bones. Y'know what I'm sayin'? A few years ago, the local tourist board created an advert which said "Come to Nottingham, you'll be blown away", and this wasn't even a veiled threat, it conformed exactly to trading standards regulations with regard to truthfulness.

What's the problem, simon? Seriously, if you need help, pm me. I'm 6 feet tall, 17 stone, plug-ugly, and an ex-second row, with no criminal record. Downside is that I've just turned 64 and I'm a weak coward, but look impressive from a suitable distance in the right light.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I now live in a City and I don't know who turn to if I run into trouble.
Start frequenting the most seediest pub near you.
Needs to have obfuscated windows, be a "free bar" next to a "lounge", preferably advertising a "half and a half" for 2.50 or thereabouts.
Absolutely no security at the door: the gangstas inside will be the security.
The owner of your local private taxi company is also a good bet :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Erm ... which bit of Nottinghamshire? :whistle:
Bingham, Newark. We lived in and around that area mostly RAF Syerston and surrounding villages. Not dens of iniquity by todays standards but there were families you didn't mess with, period.
Probably much the same nowadays. Perhaps it us that's changed, grown up, not so effected by such people.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
What's the problem, simon? Seriously, if you need help, pm me. I'm 6 feet tall, 17 stone, plug-ugly, and an ex-second row, with no criminal record. Downside is that I've just turned 64 and I'm a weak coward, but look impressive from a suitable distance in the right light.

No problem, just wondering, having moved from a village to the City a couple of years ago. The subject interests me. I *think* I could find the right contacts if i needed to.

Drago

Legendary Member
Grant Mitchell is hardest of them all.

harry_hill_1.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bingham, Newark. We lived in and around that area mostly RAF Syerston and surrounding villages. Not dens of iniquity by todays standards but there were families you didn't mess with, period.
Probably much the same nowadays. Perhaps it us that's changed, grown up, not so effected by such people.

Ah. So not my family then :okay: - I'm from West Bridgford although some now live in Bingham.

Top Bottom