Do you know your local "gangster"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Librarians are another thread?
I know my local librarians.

They supply all my recreational drugs.**

** At my age, this means Horlicks

I remember many years ago......

Woman walked into local library and presented sample of plant growing in her son's garden... she had no idea what it was

Librarian had a very good idea, and suggested that the best person to identify it formally were the local Police

They did... the son's garden was removed and she spent several months visiting him in his "new accommodation"

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I remember many years ago......

Woman walked into local library and presented sample of plant growing in her son's garden... she had no idea what it was

Librarian had a very good idea, and suggested that the best person to identify it formally were the local Police

They did... the son's garden was removed and she spent several months visiting him in his "new accommodation"

"grassed" him up.......

......see what I did there.

Drago

Legendary Member
Todays hard men are a joke. I've done harder sheets that the modern Gangsta.

Two-Gangsta.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I don't know my local gangster, but he may live opposite me.

There's a guy i see 4 or 5 times a day walking his dog, but i ain't seen him for a couple of weeks. Instead, I've seen police knocking on his door every day, and in the last few days, banging on the door very late at night (2am on Saturday morning, 11pm on Saturday night, midnight last night when they actually broke the door down and entered). Still no sign of the resident, who may have skipped town. However this morning was a handwritten note through my door saying "Please be aware of illegal police activity making false arrests on this street". Very strange.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't know my local gangster, but he may live opposite me.

There's a guy i see 4 or 5 times a day walking his dog, but i ain't seen him for a couple of weeks. Instead, I've seen police knocking on his door every day, and in the last few days, banging on the door very late at night (2am on Saturday morning, 11pm on Saturday night, midnight last night when they actually broke the door down and entered). Still no sign of the resident, who may have skipped town. However this morning was a handwritten note through my door saying "Please be aware of illegal police activity making false arrests on this street". Very strange.
Who'd you report that to, if saw it?

spen666

Legendary Member
Can the OP not look them up in yellow pages under gangsters?

If not what about Thomson's Local Directory or failing that, Checkatrade?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
There's a house on the corner across from me that has a Mr Big. It's known locally as the ASBO house. Shortly after I moved in, Mr Big bought a mini moto for his kids who, after getting bored with racing in circles around the garden, decided that racing up & down the street on it would be fun. Cars regularly 'call for 5 minutes' at his house, passengers popping in while driver waits outside in car, usually parked all across the pavement. I was once off to Londinium for the day and left at 5am to catch my train. Walking past the house, young bloke in hoodie, obviously smashed, asked me if they were in and told me that he'd been up all night!. The house gets regular 'customers' visiting for latest deals....:okay:.

The local police regularly visit every few months and actually arrested him in the street a couple of years ago. It made interesting viewing from my bedroom window - Mr Big & wifey pull up in car (he likes to use the pavement for free parking despite enough space to park an aircraft carrier in the side road). Three cop cars appear from nowhere and block him in, he gets cuffed, wifey 'effin & 'jeffin and also recording whole affair on iphone. Car gets towed away, five minutes later a small hatchback pulls up and one of his 'customers' knocks on his door. All this at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon:blush:.

Been quiet there recently, but the t*sser did cut his hedge and left all the clippings over the pavement & road as he couldn't be a*sed to clean them up. Haven't seen a police riot van for a few months either.

Top Bottom