Do you like cycling..

Do you like cycling ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

galaxy1

Nope,it's proper rubbish!Can't stand it!;)

buggi

Bird Saviour
I can totally understand this question. sometimes i can't decide. i cycle to keep in shape and i do enjoy it... once i'm out there.

i love riding to work in the mornings mostly. i don't mind getting out of bed for that. 17 miles and it puts me in a good mood for the day. But sometimes when i'm at work i hate the thought of riding back... until i actually get on the bike. then i like it.

Saturday's and Sunday's ... bit hit a miss, i like my lie-ins and tend to put it off til the last minute and then when i'm out there i wish i'd gone out earlier so i could have had more time on the bike.

so i suppose, i'm a coach potato at heart, i'd rather snuggle up and watch tv, until i get out there on the bike and i remember why i like it so much.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Serious answer.

I am a driver at heart. I prefer piloting a vehicle that is powered by something other then my own energy reserves due to laziness. I am not a petrol head though.

As far as cycling is concerned, I enjoy it for leisure and would rather not 'have to' be dependent on it. However,I am trying to change that as I think it is more important to be fit, be environmentally friendly and to be less dependent on something that cost so much to keep and run.
I am trying andsometimes it is hard but I remember when Iwas a kid and cycled everywhere and I would like to be able to do that again.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I like driving, when it's not nose to tail, which isn't often.....

Nothing like blasting down a flat main road, on the roadie at 30 and some motorist, or motor biker, looks at you in horror when they realise the speed....heh..heh.....

Weather will be weather - decide to commute all the time, you get used to it - do the fast fun stuff at the weekends....on the good bike....

Bigtallfatbloke

Always. Sometimes I don't like the conditions or the ignorant peasant drivers, but the cycling is always fun.

domtyler

Über Member
In my dreams there would be no cars anywhere. I would be out cycling all day every day then, its just the traffic that spoils cycling for me.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I understand the question - I love cycling for cycling's sake, but am starting to find commuting a bit of a chore. Leisure riding I still love.

buggi said:
Saturday's and Sunday's ... bit hit a miss, i like my lie-ins and tend to put it off til the last minute and then when i'm out there i wish i'd gone out earlier so i could have had more time on the bike.
Buggi, that's my style exactly! Sometimes I wonder if it's worth trying to start a lazy buggers' cycling club for people who fester in bed at the weekends but would like to go out at about 2pm xx(

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you find commuting a chore on a bike...try the other methods....even fully air con/climate controlled car, with excellent sound system, comfy seats...nah... bike !

col

Legendary Member
Im enjoying it more now than i did a year ago,iv shifted down a gear and find it very pleasant,instead of going for the burn.

Top Bottom