Do you sometimes feel sorry for your non - cycling colleagues?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Terry Kay

Man in car, angrily: "Yeah, right, and just how am I bloody well supposed to get my kids there and back - he's 10 years old and she is only 8!"

Our two are 3 and 5 - my profile pic was taken atop Winhill Pike, part of a 6 mile walk near Ladybower and both kids walked the whole route.. Admitedly it takes a bit longer, but since when are kids incapable of walking? Sad state of affairs indeed..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bloody 'ell. My daughter was 8 the first time she walked up Great Gable with me!
I know - shocking, isn't it! :wacko:

I was really irritated with the man, feeling that his pathetic attitude was probably already warping the way his poor children viewed the world. I said something that I immediately regretted ...

Me, bristling: "Oh, I'm so sorry - I didn't realise that your children were disabled!"

Man in car, livid: "You ferkin' what, my kids ain't ferkin' disabled - are yoo tryin' to be ferkin' funny wiv me, mate!"

I rode off in the opposite direction down the hill before he decided to jump out of the car and knock me off my bike!

trio25

Über Member
Often do, although most people at my place ride to some degree....some of them still chose to drive a couple of miles, all very odd!

Edwards80

Über Member
Poor effort on the excuse :smile:

Better than one I heard last year though. I arrived at work via the train and the boss of the company downstairs said "You get the train from Stockport right?"

Me: "Yes"

Him "Oh. . one of my employees just called to say there were no trains through Stockport at all this morning."

I felt bad about getting someone in trouble so I said "Erm . . yeah, I thought I was a bit cold"

Expect she started picking less obvious fibs after that one.

400bhp

Guru
Poor effort on the excuse :smile:

Better than one I heard last year though. I arrived at work via the train and the boss of the company downstairs said "You get the train from Stockport right?"

Me: "Yes"

Him "Oh. . one of my employees just called to say there were no trains through Stockport at all this morning."

I felt bad about getting someone in trouble so I said "Erm . . yeah, I thought I was a bit cold"

Expect she started picking less obvious fibs after that one.

To be fair, around a year ago I was trying to travel from Stockport to London. Turned up at Stockport station to be told no trains running, get on the replacement bus service outside to be taken to Stoke. I had to make a few calls. 15 mins later there was an announcement to say they were back on - then off - then on again.

Pish up in brewery springs to mind.

Edwards80

Über Member
To be fair, around a year ago I was trying to travel from Stockport to London. Turned up at Stockport station to be told no trains running, get on the replacement bus service outside to be taken to Stoke. I had to make a few calls. 15 mins later there was an announcement to say they were back on - then off - then on again.

Pish up in brewery springs to mind.

I think he knew that we both got the same train :smile: I know what you mean though, very good reminder as to why I stopped using the train.

akb

Veteran
Me, bristling: "Oh, I'm so sorry - I didn't realise that your children were disabled!"
Haha! Brilliant! Pretty standard response.

Top Bottom