Do you think Bicycle helmets should be required by law?

Discussion in 'Helmet Discussions' started by Randombiker9, 6 Sep 2017.

1. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

They were around in the 50s, 'Paddy Hopkirk' springs to mind,

ce-driver-rallye-mini-cooper-london-sydney-alpine-brdc-hall-of-fame.jpg.opt417x333o0%2C0s417x333.jpg

classic33 likes this.
  2. Tanis8472

Tanis8472 Über Member

Ah, but that's racing ;)

3. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

There's this setup if you go down the HUD route.

4. KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike I do my own stunts

If you believe this you didn't pay enough attention at school when they were explaining Venn diagrams.

5. stoatsngroats

stoatsngroats Veteran

6. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Guru

Sure any damage will buff out

Fab Foodie likes this.
  7. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

Screenshots_2017-09-25-22-57-09.png

8. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

Me too.

On a rainy commute a few weeks ago I had something shouted at me by a cyclist overtaking me. Whilst I thought I had heard him correctly, I did say "Pardon?" and sure enough he repeated his bold instruction:

"You should be wearing a helmet!"​

I sort of wish I'd told him to fark off but replied with, "You should mind your own business" and off he rode.

Seriously, what business is it of anyone else how I ride (within the law)? What goes on in the mind of someone that provokes him to bark commands at a total stranger? The more I think of it, the more I consider this the behaviour of an arrogant, ignorant arse.

classic33, mjr, Erudin and 6 others like this.
  9. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

A person standing on the pavement watching the Veteran Car London to Brighton run as we cycled past saw fit to yell, 'Where's your helmet?', to which I did reply, 'Where's yours?', but I was going too fast and they probably didn't hear.

Smokin Joe, mjr and Dayvo like this.
  10. If it's 'just about opinions' why make the claims that you did? Do you know the difference between a fact,
    Well next time just make sure they hear you, and also go on to explain that they are considerably more at risk of being killed or injured by a motor vehicle than you are. The statisitics are clear, and I've long been an advocate for compulsory helmets for pedestrians.

mjr and TinyMyNewt like this.
  11. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Please explain and use as many diagrams as you feel are necessary, and please, drop the patronising tone.

12. KnackeredBike

I'm not sure if it's possible to explain a two circle Venn diagram without being especially patronising.

13. Mod note:

Please don't insult, patronise other members or nit-pick at their posts if you wish to continue taking part in this discussion.

Thank you.
    SNSSO

14. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

I dare say we all understand what a venn diagram is, but what would you put in each circle and in any overlaps; union and intersection are the terms I believe?

User1252 likes this.
  15. KnackeredBike

imgonline-com-ua-Rotate360-fofFK3dloOC.jpg

Profpointy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice