Do you think I'm ready?

sarahale

Über Member
For the 32 mile off road wiggle ups and down which is a week next Sat. Its round ranmore common which is really hilly right?

I cycle 14 miles a day but a lot of that is on road (I ride my mtb)

Ive been upping that to 20+ when I can and any additional miles are off road.

I've also done 6 long rides now nearly all
off road and between 25 and 35 miles. The 35 took 3.5 hours.

Only problem which is worrying me is where I ride isn't very hilly and if I'm honest a lot of it isn't much of a challenge.

Any thoughts?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes, don't worry about it. Just ride and enjoy.

OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Thanks everyone, need to just stop worrying but I'm sure I will have a great time! Beer and a bbq afterwards hopefully if this weather holds! :hungry:

Slioch

Guru
If you can do 35 flat miles on-road, then 32 hilly miles off-road will be easily do-able. Just pace yourself and don't rush it.

goody

Veteran
The worst that will happen is you might have to walk up some of the climbs and it'll take a bit longer than you thought. You won't be riding on your own and you won't be last. It's a lovely part of the country just enjoy it!

OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Thankyou, I won't be in a rush so will pace myself. Tbh if the hills are too steep I haven't quite mastered keeping my front wheel on the ground yet with my new bike so pushing it up them will be the safer option! I really am looking forward to it now, watched a few YouTube videos and looks fun, also ground should be good!

Top Bottom