Do you think I'm ready?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
For the 32 mile off road wiggle ups and down which is a week next Sat. Its round ranmore common which is really hilly right?

I cycle 14 miles a day but a lot of that is on road (I ride my mtb)

Ive been upping that to 20+ when I can and any additional miles are off road.

I've also done 6 long rides now nearly all
off road and between 25 and 35 miles. The 35 took 3.5 hours.

Only problem which is worrying me is where I ride isn't very hilly and if I'm honest a lot of it isn't much of a challenge.

Any thoughts?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes, don't worry about it. Just ride and enjoy.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Thanks everyone, need to just stop worrying but I'm sure I will have a great time! Beer and a bbq afterwards hopefully if this weather holds! :hungry:

Slioch

Guru
If you can do 35 flat miles on-road, then 32 hilly miles off-road will be easily do-able. Just pace yourself and don't rush it.

goody

Veteran
The worst that will happen is you might have to walk up some of the climbs and it'll take a bit longer than you thought. You won't be riding on your own and you won't be last. It's a lovely part of the country just enjoy it!

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Thankyou, I won't be in a rush so will pace myself. Tbh if the hills are too steep I haven't quite mastered keeping my front wheel on the ground yet with my new bike so pushing it up them will be the safer option! I really am looking forward to it now, watched a few YouTube videos and looks fun, also ground should be good!

Top Bottom