Do you think this Manchester Cyclist is being overly assertive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Whooooosh....

Don't you dare call me racist. It's something I hold VERY firm views on having been on the receiving end of it myself.

I guess you have not had to deal with them on a regular basis. I have in the past.
Let me see if I've got this right. It's ok for you to slander an entire race ethnicity based on your experience, but it's not ok for me to call you a racist based on what you wrote?

Last edited:
They are not a race. They are the same as me (i.e Caucasian on the whole)

Every single one I have met or had dealings with have been the same.

They caused trouble. Smashing glasses and bottles in a pub I managed for a while. Generally being obnoxious.

Thats MY observations of them.

subaqua

What’s the point
They are not a race. They are the same as me (i.e Caucasian on the whole)

Every single one I have met or had dealings with have been the same.

They caused trouble. Smashing glasses and bottles in a pub I managed for a while. Generally being obnoxious.

Thats MY observations of them.
ALL of them , every single one ?

Irish travellers maybe but Roma or proper Gypsy nah

Drago

Legendary Member
What annoys me is the P word to describe travellers. Why do people who wouldn't dream of using the N word to describe black people think its acceptable to use the P word?

I'm my own experience in the Feds, having been a beat officer for 9 years on a patch with a travellers site, half are tools, half are decent folk...much the same as people who live in houses. There were some who as soon stab me as say good morning, and others who'd invite me in for a cuppa and a bacon sandwich on a Sunday morning.

Marginalising racial groups is a dangerous game, as anyone who's heard of a chap named Hitler should know.

I did note one thing about this video - it was a cyclist kicking off and behaving in a disgusting manner, while the travellers - if that's what they were - did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Last edited:
[QUOTE 4763741, member: 9609"]I don't think there is any connection with the incident and the so called travelling community, he is a lorry driver delivering in Manchester, a nice bloke working hard for a living, the other vehicle that arrived and the other cyclist were just random members of the public trying to help out and stop the attack. The confusion with 'travellers' seems to come from the video being hosted on a youtube account managed by someone who posts videos claiming to show the 'Everyday Life Of Travellers And Gypsies' these videos mostly show violence and fighting. I seriously doubt the driver would approve of where it is being hosted. [/QUOTE]

That's why I made that connection.
I'm sorry people think I'm racist because of it.

Top Bottom