Do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Do you think it's because of vaccines?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Then they provide more inconclusive details once it's established that I don't know. I don't care if John had a green door at his old house or that other houses in the street have blue doors. I still don't frapping know!

lutonloony

Über Member
I always assume everything will be tickety-boo. However this often leads to WTF moments. If people ask what I think, I usually tell them I don't

Sometimes I sit and think.
Sometimes I just sit.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4411014, member: 45"]Am I the only person who struggles with this question sometimes? Not when it's something like "do you think Froome will win the Tour?", because there's evidence to go on to be able to express an opinion.

It's the questions like "do you think that camp site will take credit cards?" when the questioner knows that you don't have a definite answer because you have no clue, but wants the influence of your unfounded guess.

I'm noticing it more these days. I may be getting old, or it may just be my autistic trait.[/QUOTE]
I spent a weekend in the company of my big sister (Age 67) a few weeks ago. She is queen of the "do you think...?" My stock response is to count to five and say "Dunno, why does it matter?" I think she carries around a lot of petty anxiety from her previous life.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I haven't noticed this myself. It's probably laziness. Many shortened words and phrases come about because people are lazy. I wouldn't be surprised if "do you think" is quicker to say than "do you know whether or not"

Top Bottom