Do you wash your bike regularly?

Do you wash your bike regularly?

• Yes even though I know it will be dirty again within hours!

Votes: 50 63.3%
  • No, can't be arse as it will be dirty again within hours!

Votes: 29 36.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Any dirt or mud on the bike and it gets cleaned as soon as I get home. It’s far easier to clean the bike straight after a ride than leaving it a few days and letting the mud set.

hoopdriver

Guru
Don’t remind me. I used to, quite regularly, and took pride in its shiny appearance even though it is an old bicycle. I completely neglected it this past year and can sense the reproach when I open the shed and see it sitting there, forlorn.

screenman

Legendary Member
If looking really bad it will get a jet wash and a blow dry before hanging up, certainly not daily or weekly, only when it needs it.

al3xsh

Über Member
My good bike gets a clean after every ride as it lives in the house.

My commuter bike is lucky if it gets cleaned once a year ...

Globalti

Legendary Member
All year bike gets a wash down after any wet ride especially if there's salt around.

Best bike seldom gets wet unless there's water running across the road. When it is cleaned it gets a hot shampoo then a loving dry down with finest alpaca wool followed by a spray with eau de Pledge.

subaqua

What’s the point
define regularly . If I was it once every 12 months over a period of 6 years that is regular , as it washing it once a week . I keep large amounts of crud off it but washing/cleaning it weekly nah

IBarrett

Über Member
Man I don't know how you lot live with yourselves! :-)
My main bike gets washed after every ride and every month or so it gets deep cleaned and waxed.
But it is white and shows every single speck of dirt and I can't stand it.

My commuter/MTB gets a good was every week or after a ride if the weather has been horrible and I've picked up loads of crap.

And I don't think I'm much of a neat freak either, it just means I'm reducing the chance of failures curtailing my ride.

Top Bottom