Do You Wipes Yours Down?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Typhon

Oh dear, looks like I am neglecting my poor bike. :unsure:

I did wipe it down today though, honest! Might have to actually properly clean it this weekend....

potsy

Rambler
Ride through the week, clean at weekend :dry:
Though after going through a new water feature in the park this morning I should probably sort the chain out before tonights ride :blush:

DaveFY7

Über Member
I've started to wipe mine down with a towel and then give the frame a wipe with GT85 when it needs it. Also give the drivetrain a spray. The bike got the treatment yesterday after being half submerged in floodwater on numerous occasions.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I always clean n lube chain and drivetrain after a wet ride. Give the bike a thorough clean at the weekend.

Though, the torough clean went from an hour to 10 mins since I installed full mudguards

DaveFY7

Über Member
Just one thing to add about cycling through that flood water. It got a lot deeper than expected and once committed that was it. The problem was that a hub dynamo is fitted to the front wheel and the lights were on. However I was amazed to find that ploughing through the water, the action of the front wheel displaced the flooded water from around the hub and seemed to keep it relatively dry. The lights still worked afterwards. However the cycle computer packed in for an hour or so but it started to work again before getting home.

Milo

Guru
If I have been through mud it gets hosed down, but I don't fanny around drying it or anything. Every now and then I clean it properly but then my bikes probably the same age as me so it is long past the keep it shiny stage. By the way op hello from Melksham.

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

If I have been through mud it gets hosed down, but I don't fanny around drying it or anything. Every now and then I clean it properly but then my bikes probably the same age as me so it is long past the keep it shiny stage. By the way op hello from Melksham.

Hi Milo!

Seems to be a few of us in this area, what about getting together? But only if you don't go for long distances and too fast! I am only a newbie!!!

Regards

Chris

Milo

Guru
I'm not really one for huge distances often myself 50 miles about my max. Planning on taking myself up to Malmsbury tomorrow but that is a fairly flat run from here. Would certainly be up for getting together with some locals at some point. Plenty of nice roads between Devizes and
Pewsy if i remember correctly.

wisdom

Guru
Mine gets a bounce at night but a thorough clean every weeknd if its been a wet week(most weeks).
Whatever the weathers been even if nice weather it gets a mickle without fail every weekend

Top Bottom