Dodgy brakes from ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotty110788

Well thought i had a bargain on ebay, avid juicy carbons. info said there in good condition and just need bled so i bought them, took to halfords to get fitted and bled. front one works mint, back one got bled 3 times and still wont work, they said it could be pistons which would cost just under 100 quid to fix but to get a second opinion. they are now in start cycles so looks like bus to work for now :angry: hope it aint piston otherwise the seller will be getting them sent back to him and a nasty email demanding my money back!

Good luck with that scotty - at leasartre start mechs REALLY know their sh*t n can hopefully get it sorted.
I spend far too much - time n dosh in there.

Tony

OP
OP
scotty110788

scotty110788

Well start have sorta fixed problem and I'm gonna keep them. for some reason the small screw aint working so i cant control how sensitive they are compared to my front, sensitivity is alright and they were a bargain so gonna stick with them. Nasty email is on its way to seller who stated they were fine :cursing: performance wise there alot smoother ^_^

There was multiple things wrong with mechanism not just the screw for sensitivity which suggested they were involved in a crash, just wish i knew what is wrong with adjuster...

screenman

Legendary Member
He may not have known there was a problem with them, you would not believe it but some people cannot fit and adjust a brake and know very little about them. Some people even go to Halfrauds for advice on hydraulic brakes, now that is a laugh.

OP
OP
scotty110788

scotty110788

He may not have known there was a problem with them, you would not believe it but some people cannot fit and adjust a brake and know very little about them. Some people even go to Halfrauds for advice on hydraulic brakes, now that is a laugh.
:laugh: well tbh I'm cheapskate and there year plan hooked me in :blush: i take advantage off it like, regular basis its in for getting me breaks tightened, good clean up, oil etc...

screenman

Legendary Member
So you are taking your bike to somebody that you now know cannot fix them. Hmm! something not quite right there.

OP
OP
scotty110788

scotty110788

So you are taking your bike to somebody that you now know cannot fix them. Hmm! something not quite right there.
well at first they did fix past problems on my bike but since they never with brakes i will most likely be going to start cycles, funnily enough the mechanic in there is ex-halfrauds :laugh:

OP
OP
scotty110788

scotty110788

What I would like to know really is why this topic is in the commuting section?
not being funny but feels like you have problem with me, it was in commuting because it is my commuter, seems like it was wrong section so my bad, you and plenty others might have bad experience with halfords but i haven't, why would you find that funny, not everyone can affird 100quid+ services elsewhere or have the time/knowledge do do themselves, do you go through every thread to make sure its in the right section? theres so many on here i may find myself confused to what goes where!

Top Bottom