Does a 'TomTom' exist for bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting thanks :smile:

What are the best iPhone 4S sat nav apps with speaking?
I like NavFree for the UK &ROI which is an off-line app, (so always available even when a 3G signal is not) and as it says free. you need about 400Mb free space though (I download it through iTunes and synch rather than killing my data allowance).
it has full satnav and can talk to you as well as the nighttime mode which is seems to do itself (for extra visibility)...

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
My Garmin gpsmap60csx lets me either tell the dam thing where to take me by me pre loading gpx track files or I can put my life in its hands and follow it . It's ok in a car...but on the bike i always control it. To be honest I think you's be making a mistake to allow a machine to guide you on a bicycle..unless you fancy a long detour along the local highway to hell.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I seem to struggle synching music through iTunes to the iPhone, let alone anything else. I did download the Navfree app ages ago

I seem to struggle synching music through iTunes to the iPhone, let alone anything else. I did download the Navfree app ages ago
you have to add the music manually to the iphone to synch it - via itunes as well. run the update on the iphone app. it has had numerous updates (you should see an "x many updates available" button in the bottom right of itunes when you view your apps (button is top left on new version of iTunes). it will then synch to the iPhone and be on one of the screens. If not the connect the iPjone up and wait for the synch to happen. along the top (right) there is an iPhone button that will appear click on it, (not on the down arrow though click to the left) and you will get a new screen which sounds like it is going to open a whole new world for you...

Yell if you need specific advise and we can do it via PM. I don't work anymore and have loads of time on my hands and little inclination to cycle with the number of bruises I have after coming off my mtb yesterday - not helped by not having a cycle helmet in once piece and I can do you some screen shots up of exactly what you need (the sort of end user can't go wrong instructions, used to write them as one of my IT jobs)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers. Whacked from work at the mo and find all this techie stuff quite befuddling at the best of times! Will need to give it a while

Brandane

Legendary Member
I feel your pain, Vickster! As a fellow technophobe I too would like to find a bike going version of a simple satnav without all the added on nonsense that they think all cyclists need. I have read through this thread until I got bogged down with all the talk of apps and downloads which I have yet to fully grasp :blush:.

I was amused however, to find an even worse golfer than myself, who apparently needs a satnav to find his way around a golf course. And I thought I hit some wild shots! ......
I've bought the golf trolley bracket it's a bit more substantial than the cycling one.
:thumbsup:

(BTW, I know what you meant, it was just the way I read it initially).

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
But are they waterproof and able to be safely attached to handlebars...and it seemed very hard to actually find one in stock in the UK at a reasonable price

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Having had an oddly frugal month and a £50 win on the Premium Bonds, I think I am going to go for the Bryton 50 for £170 from Tweeks, unless anyone can convince me otherwise...

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Few Edge800's on ebay ending this evening. A cheeky late bid might get you one for £170 ish

Still can't believe my own luck, brand new for £200 :laugh: Life is different now

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah but it just seems so complicated! It needs to be simple and I'd rather have new with warranty

Top Bottom