Does a 'TomTom' exist for bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
The cheap ones on eBay aren't boxed or anything - and I can't see anything under £155 with 3h to go

the Bryton looks much nicer too :rolleyes:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
These It's undeniably a horrible thing also let down by it's substandard screen resolution,contrast and brightness - 3 things which effect the quality of mapping and navigation. You may also notice that any input makes the unit freeze for a year before loading it's next screen.

Maps are OSM - which evidently means that many roads don't exist.

I may need to be corrected but the Bryton is also tied to their own site for planning and downloading routes.

IIRC: To share with strava you have to upload to bryton - download the GPX and upload it manually.

Edge800 will happily upload and download directly to/from anywhere, inc to the unit itself or the SD card. ie: You can tell strava that your log files are on /sd or Garmin Unit:###343#3 blah blah

By most accounts the edge800 is an unfair comparison. The Rider50 if at all, is a rival to the 705.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
So would the 705 suit? I just don't want to pay for a flagship model where the functionality will be wasted on me!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Cheapest buy it now: £187.99 but there are plenty of boxed unit auctions too, hold out and you may get one

605 is discontinued. Couldn't find anywhere to buy one

Top Bottom