Does anybody make a wallet for cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tyke

I have three old sunglasses cases mounted on a belt. Enough room for the spare lenses, CO2 pump and two cartridges, can of spray plaster, tube, multi tool, phone in plastic bag in case I get wet, contact details, money and keys.

Fastened around waist it is out of the way, easily accessible and leave my pockets for anything else I want to take.

Fiona N

Veteran
I've got a small zippered neoprene pouch which takes a small phone (an iphone would be too big), half a packet of tissues, credit card, ID card, cash and a lipsalve. I attach a very small Swiss Army knife by a mini-karabiner and the whole lot fits in a back pocket easily.

Unfortunately I can't recommend it to you as I got it in a well known store for useful stuff called 'Tokyo Hands' - yes, you guessed it - in Tokyo :biggrin:

jay clock

Massive member
reviews of the Aluma. http://aluma-wallet.pissedconsumer.com/ setting aside the amusingly named pissedconsumer website, and the many credit card issues, the product does look crap quality.

Re the Decathlon pouch that Zoiders linked to, I have something like that but find that although genuinely 100% weatherproof, they are a real fiddle to get stuff in and out of as they are small and often stiff. The Alpkit is ultralight and roomy/

Sandwich bag is my usual weapon of choice

martint235

Dog on a bike
PS watch it with smart phones - you need it in something waterproof..i.e. bag or like above. The sweat you produce can kill them or invalidate warranty, many have moisture strips inside, if they get activated, bye bye warranty.

I shove mine in a bag in my back pocket. I'm a sweaty bugger.

Or you can get a Motorola Defy which is almost bomb proof from what I can tell. Shrugs off water although dripping sweat onto the screen does affect typing!!! :tongue:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I use one of these they cost me £2.50 for 100 from the wholesalers I buy my postal supplies from:

100-clear-gripseal-ziplock-bag-4-x-6--2172-p.jpg

dodgy

Another vote for food bags, they cost pennies. One bag lasts about 30 rides (no idea really, just trying to guess, I don't exactly shed a tear when I have to get a new one out of the 100 unit box).

I have no idea why everyone doesn't use them, they're ideal, cost almost nothing, waterproof if you use the seal, light etc etc.

Christopher

Über Member
I use a 1 litre drybag I got from a dive shop. Difference is that they are ultra-tough coated cloth, not flimsy like the other drybags I have. Unfortunately I can't find them oneline atm - am on IE6 here at work and many sites don't work. Try simplyscuba.co.uk? Worth looking as an OS map exactly fits the bag which then tucks beautifullly into a jersey pocket.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
That's the one I've seen, they look good, but I would be too frightened to loose all my valubles in one go, to date I have never lost anything out of a jersey back pocket, but one day it might happen.

In fact just looked at some reviews for it and they do not regard it highly.

In all honesty, I do not think you can beat a plassy bag or something similar.

I can only go from my experience, but it's fairly big, so is held quite snugly in a jersey pocket. Having said that, I usually put it in my shorts pocket that velcroes up (no lycra for me!) or in my saddle/tube bag.

As for the reviews, I can only tell you that I am pleased with it.

400bhp

Guru
Anything breakable/sharp I try and keep away from my body.

Spare tubes/waterproofs etc go in my back pocket.

Landing on keys is painful.

What about an extra bag to carry stuff? One on the cross tube for example?

D

Deleted member 1258

I put my phone, a small folder, in my saddle bag, I try to avoid carrying it on my person, if I have a spill its less likely to get damaged in the saddle bag. I have a small velcro fastening wallet I brought from Coventry market for my bank card, keys and money, I keep that in either my shorts pocket or my jersey pocket.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Interesting, thanks. Most people seem to have reached the same conclusion - that you can't beat a cheapo sealable plastic bag. This is what I've been doing up to now. I did ruin a BB once with damp from sweat on a very cold ride. Luckily the wet indicators didn't change colour so it got repaired for free under warranty.

Top Bottom