Does anybody make a wallet for cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fast_Mark

Another vote here for saddle bags. I've always ridden with a saddle bag and popped valuables (phone, keys, regular wallet) in there along with a tube, my multitool, tyre levers and my wind jacket, leaving jersey pockets free for bananas, malt loaf, flapjacks and the like (and ciggies). Seems stupid to me to try and cram everything in your pockets.

zacklaws

Guru
Seems stupid to me to try and cram everything in your pockets.

Not when you have had a crash, your bikes with all your worldly pocessions at one side of a hedge in thick undergrowth and your laid at the other with broken legs, no phone, no food, no small jacket to keep you warm. no one knows your there, as you lay there crying out for your Mum.

Death may be a long time coming, and then to think of all the wild animals that will feed upon you and scatter your bones all over the countryside........... all because you thought it stupid not to carry things in your pockets.

Phone and food are always in my pocket just in case, you never get parted from your kit, rule number 1, essentials should be carried on the person.

barongreenback

Über Member
Not when you have had a crash, your bikes with all your worldly pocessions at one side of a hedge in thick undergrowth and your laid at the other with broken legs, no phone, no food, no small jacket to keep you warm. no one knows your there, as you lay there crying out for your Mum.

Death may be a long time coming, and then to think of all the wild animals that will feed upon you and scatter your bones all over the countryside........... all because you thought it stupid not to carry things in your pockets.

Phone and food are always in my pocket just in case, you never get parted from your kit, rule number 1, essentials should be carried on the person.

Tighten the retention mechanism on your pedals. Then you'll never be separated from your bike ;)

mhk1058

Regular
Someone already mentioned the Lezyne Smart Wallet but I think the Lezyne Caddy Sack to be a much more suitable carry all. I have spare tube, multi tool, 2 x CO2 cartridges and inflation valve and cash all zipped up in this waterproof pouch and fits snuggly in centre jersey pocket, no danger of falling out. It could also fit a small phone but I keep my phone separate in a neoprene phone jacket that was actually a 'Wiggle' giveaway in one of the cycling mags recently. This goes in another jersey pocket, the neoprene cover providing enough friction to stop it jumping out, or cram your waterproof over it. 3rd jersey pocket is then free for 2nd tube/snacks/whatever.

This means I have done away with the abomination that is a saddle bag. Quite apart from the dangers pointed out by a previous poster of being separated from your bits and pieces when rendered immobile by some dreadful mishap, a saddle bag completely spoils the lines of your bike and is, in fact, against the rules.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This means I have done away with the abomination that is a saddle bag. Quite apart from the dangers pointed out by a previous poster of being separated from your bits and pieces when rendered immobile by some dreadful mishap, a saddle bag completely spoils the lines of your bike and is, in fact, against the rules.
Absolutely.

You might as well put a big sign on your jersey saying "MAMIL"

mhk1058

Regular
Absolutely.

You might as well put a big sign on your jersey saying "MAMIL"

Which is what I am but, as you say, no point advertisng the fact from any more angles than absolutely necessary.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm a caddy sack user, rather useful little bags. But when it comes to wallets I just use my normal wallet.

yello

I use one of those plastic credit/oyster/tube card wallets to carry a credit card, phone card, small pencil, bit of paper and a €10 note. That goes in a jersey pocket with my mobile phone. I used to put my mobile in the saddle bag but that's too full of tubes and tools now!

I must admit though that I'd rather not have a saddle bag (I agree, most just look wrong) but I'd prefer not to load jersey pockets with tools and tubes etc. I like to keep jersey pockets for munchie bars, bananas and wind/waterproof - and arm/leg warmers if required.

If a saddle bag ruins the lines of a bike what the hell do crammed jersey pockets look like! ;)

To be honest, I think a specific 'cyclist wallet' is a solution looking for a problem.

dodgy

Nothing wrong with a small/tiny saddle bag, as long as it's not one of those udders that you seem some peoplle using :ohmy: My bikes are always ready to go in terms of pump, tubes etc. My pockets are for layers, food, phone etc.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Haha, yes, it's not the saddle bag ruining the lines of my bike, it's my gut!!

Top Bottom