Does anyone have a partner . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
mjones said:
Er, so who is being hypocritical?

No, not you either!

BUT there are topics about masturbation, suicide, violent and aggressive tendencies, racism, homophobia etc. etc.
I don't think my comments were too outrageous or unfair. As to claiming to be a gentleman, well, that's nothing I've claimed.
I'll check your posts to see how far up the gentleman-scale you are! ;)

jonesy

Guru
Dayvo said:
No, not you either!

BUT there are topics about masturbation, suicide, violent and aggressive tendencies, racism, homophobia etc. etc.
I don't think my comments were too outrageous or unfair. As to claiming to be a gentleman, well, that's nothing I've claimed.
I'll check your posts to see how far up the gentleman-scale you are! ;)

I have nothing to fear from your scrutiny! xx(

I think you know perfectly well that there is a difference between a bit of juvenile banter about something that has been in the news, for example, the bicycle shagger, and publicly discussing whether to dump your girlfriend right away or to leave it a bit longer so you can get more shags in first!

Edit- Maggot, I did think your post was very amusing by the way, so I did have to stop chuckling before pointing out the error of Dayvos ways...

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
mjones said:
I have nothing to fear from your scrutiny! ;)

I think you know perfectly well that there is a difference between a bit of juvenile banter about something that has been in the news, for example, the bicycle shagger, and publicly discussing whether to dump your girlfriend right away or to leave it a bit longer so you can get more shags in first!

Yes, you appear to have creeped passed the censor radar! xx(

I see how your mind works! :smile:

When I met her she knew I was planning on being away for the winter. She found out very quickly that cycling occupies a lot of my time and thought - she herself claimed to be a keen cyclist; that in itself is a definition of terms. As regards the 'extra shags before I dump her' that has not, and is not something that had occurred to me, and nor is it something I have boasted - I have a tiny amount of gentlemanliness in my bones to know better than that. :biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
What difference does it make if I'm working away, or doing 'my thing'? It doesn't change my feelings for her.

It maybe does not change your feelings, but if it is you wish to get away from a partner for two months, it would be clear to most people that your feelings for this person are not strong. If your work took you away for certain periods of time, that would be different, but to go away for a holiday leaving your partner at home.........
If you have discussed this proposed tour with her, I would not be surprised if right now she is asking her friends how she can dump you without hurting your feelings.

Bigtallfatbloke

well...Mrs BTFB shares ...let's see...ZERO...of anything I like, and I am even less intertsted ih anything she likes...we are more different than chalk and cheese...total opposites in everything...we dont even watch the same tv channels...ever...the only thing we do share is a love for each other and our son....we will have been together for 30 years next august...my point is that sometimes not being together can keep you together......mind you I'd rather have a hottie bike riding rock chic if I'm honest...;)

papercorn2000

I am fairly sure that Fairy is still single! That is if she doesn't disappear off to the US with Dayvo.

(If you read this Fairy, you owe me so much for organising your life for you!)

Tetedelacourse

Dayvo mon ami, I'm with you on the hypocrisy front. Anything goes on here, that's how it should be. People telling you you shouldn't post this and that, pfffff, come off it folks, if you don't like the topic cos it's not something you would do, then don't read it.

Although they do of course have the right to post a complaint about your post!

You could not have provoked a more stereotypical response from the ladies if you had tried!

This is the point where I wade in swilling beer, smoking capstan, in my football top and say give it to her with both barrels.

so, as they say en ecosse;

Get her telt.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You could not have provoked a more stereotypical response from the ladies if you had tried!

Yes, I agree, I'm glad I have not joined in so far, but I have been following the thread.

I will defend Davyo. Other people have put all sorts of posts on here seeking empathy, advice, or to express their thoughts, and they have received suitable and thoughtful replies.

Top Bottom