1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have a partner . . .

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dayvo, 18 Nov 2007.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

. . . that they'd rather not be with?

I do! :smile:xx(!

For three months! When we met she told me how much she enjoys cycling. In three months we have cycled a total of ZERO metres!
    She doesn't like the idea of me be away for 3-4 months in the winter.
    She's planning a two-week holiday to India (with me) next November, whilst I'm planning a 3-month ride across the States (SOLO, which she doesn't know about).

She knows I'm away until mid-March this winter, but I don't have to come back! At present I have no guarantee of a job here (Polish greenkeepers are cheaper) and I haven't arranged accommodation either. But there are jobs in Norway, and other parts of Sweden. So, guess what I'll be doing? ;)

Anyone else feel 'restricted'?

2. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Maybe you should be talking to her about this??

3. Dayvo

Do you think I've not cried tried? ;)

4. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

It can be arranged, I understand, for her to be "looked after"!

5. Shurely you mean 'taken care of'?

6. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

A bit from column A, a bit from column B...

7. bianco

bianco New Member

Maybe this is the wrong forum?

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

If you don't want to be with her then be honest with her and tell her that it is over. Stringing her along is not really the right thing to do is it?

9. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I agree with Dom. It must be fairer to be honest with her than moan about her on a forum. I'm sure she's really nice, maybe just not for you!!

10. fairy

fairy New Member

TBH dom is right. I stuck with a man who'd never been on a bike in his life for 5 years before realising that I was never going to win the bikes are fun arguement. dont mess her about. it's not fair on either of you.

11. Dayvo

Thanks, all, for your comments!

I know what decision has to be made, after all, compatibility is a very important factor in a relationship.
    If a compromise could be reached then it would make things a lot easier, but as I stated, she doesn't want me galavanting around (i.e. slogging my guts out on a long ride), whereas I don't want to/can't be in Sweden at this time of year; it is SO depressing!

Now, how do I go about telling her? ;)

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Try saying 'BYE'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Dayvo

Thanks, Keith! ;) I must remember that one!

I might be in Cambodia in Jan/Feb and even might come up to Ha Long, if you're there.

14. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Keep in touch, but I should be back in China from January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Joe

Joe Über Member

Text message.